Ableton Link start/stop transport in Reaktor

amaury
amaury Member Posts: 16 Member

Hello,

I couldn't find the option in Reaktor standalone. Did I miss something or is it not there yet?

If not, does anyone know if it's planned? I saw there's a Reaktor version in neta right now.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

@amaury As you can see on the screenshot from @Paule There is a Link button, you just need to push it.

It will not start / stop, that you would have to do it manually in Reaktor, but it will sync with other applications with Link.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited February 2023

In Reaktor standalone press the space bar

or the triangle (play) on top to run and stop.

• amaury

Thanks for your answer.

I'm aware of that. What I was asking for is a feature of Ableton Link, that allows to sync the start/stop state of the transport of all software on the same Link network.

The update featuring transport Sync was apparently released in February 2016. It's great addition and I need it :)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

@amaury As you can see on the screenshot from @Paule There is a Link button, you just need to push it.

It will not start / stop, that you would have to do it manually in Reaktor, but it will sync with other applications with Link.

• amaury

Hi, thanks for taking the time.

As I'm stating in my answer above yours, I'm very well aware about the Link button, the fact that it syncs tempo and that I have to manually start the transport.

That message also states (maybe not clearly) that I'm asking about the specific Link feature that indeed allows transport start/stop to be synced as well. It's a feature that was added to Link in 2017 or so, and available for any manufacturer to integrate.

I was wondering if I missed it in Reaktor settings (seems not) and if not, whether there are plans to update Link to its latest version in Reaktor.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

I'm sorry if I misunderstood. Unfortunately the transport options are not available for Ableton Link in Reaktor (and all of our software), it is not coming in the beta version it seems we still rely on another on an older version of Ableton Link. I don't know if this will change in a near future. I will ask to the teams involved and hopefully get back with a more definitive answer.