“Specialized” category in maschine

AxMusic
AxMusic Member Posts: 117 Member

Hey all

I noticed that there is a specialized category in the instruments section of the maschine library… which is TRK 01

Anyone know of any other NKS Ready instruments that would fall under the specialized section?

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

TRK-01 is really fun IMHO. Basically like crossing an 80's 808/909 pattern-based drum machine with a TB-303 bass synth/rhythm programmer. Basically a fun techno playground that feels like programming one of those machines (mostly in a good way but also occasionally aggravating).

Yeah, it's definitely an oddball, that category. But to my mind I would consider Reaktor to be In that same ballpark (though it's capable of a million more things). Certainly lots of Reaktor modules have been built that are similar in spirit. In fact I'm not sure that TRK-01 wasn't actually built in Reaktor. Maybe @D-One would know?

• AxMusic

Yeah TRK-01 is awesome.

The Built in Kick/Bass Ducking is 🔥

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

No, dont know of any other instrument that goes into that category, kind of odd to have a category for just 1 thing but perhaps there are plans for more?

@Peter Harris said:

In fact I'm not sure that TRK-01 wasn't actually built in Reaktor. Maybe @D-One would know?

Yes. It is indeed a Reaktor instrument.

• AxMusic

Yeah I thought it was odd too.

Seems like it should be either in drums/percussion. Or synths

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

Yes, this one is weird indeed, I'll try to find out more about it.

• AxMusic

Thank You, Could it have something to do with the plug in being separated into just Kick and Bass versions?

• aafanatic
    aafanatic Member Posts: 35 Helper

TRK-01 is a Reaktor instrument and as it is neither drums or bass and is designed to help balance the two, it falls under the “specialized” category 🌝

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

It's Computer miss menage but if it's stable section and you are able to use it then it's OK but it is ODD

• AxMusic

Yes, I wonder if they will release more plug ins that are categorized in the same vain?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

Ok, so I was not able to get a definitive answer to that question, why this category was created or what it meant. It's very unlikely there would be new instruments in that category. The team also said the following: "mid-long term we want our tagging to be more robust, capable and flexible"

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Geez... Sometimes I wonder if whoever makes these decisions has ever even used this software.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
    edited March 2023

@Jeremy_NI

This category thing isn’t the only weird thing.

Someone from youtube pointed out that it is quite silly that the first page of sampler gives you option to choose voice, pitchbend and engine.

Come on. It is clearly not made by user in mind, but the programmer.

I’m actually using this. Could you consider upgrading this for us? Please ask about this.

• AxMusic
  • Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

I assume that this TRK is special because it has potential to be all in one music maker but it's hard on CPU, it has its own sound sighniture and can be something special for many users. I tried and sometimes two instances can it chokes my CPU and the presets are really good and kudos to whoever made them. I think it is a special instrument like Prism and Micro Prism, strange and give a great result. I think Ax Music just wanted to hear more about the instrument, and the TRK is an intriguing instrument.