Some instrument preset snapshots not playing (Komplete 14 Ultimate)

garyrfield
garyrfield Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi

I cannot play preset snapshots for some of my installed instruments in Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt 7. For example, Alicia's Keys snapshots don't play, but Ashlight presets do. I can load and use the instruments without a problem. I have tried reinstalling the instruments. The snapshots in Kontakt are pointing to the correct files.

Has anyone seen this or have any clue why they are not playing?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Oh so by snapshots you mean the previews? It's still unclear. What happens when you double click the preset and load the instrument? Can you play it then with your keyboard?

If it's only the preview, since Alicia Keys is quite an old product, it might need to have the preview library installed in Native Access.

• garyrfield
    Answer ✓

Thanks - that was it!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@garyrfield What do you mean by "snapshots" don't play. Do you mean that when you play a keyboard or a MIDI clip you don't get sound ? Do you mean they don't load? Is this happening in a DAW? in Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt in standalone? What is your operating system? What keyboard are you using?

In Kontakt if you show the keyboard and you play on the keys in the plug-in window do you get sound?

• garyrfield

If I open Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt 7 standalone, select and instrument and click on a preset, for some instruments the snapshot doesn't play. If I load the instrument in my DAW, Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol I can play the instrument with my keyboard without a problem. For example, Alicia's Keys preset snapshots do not play, but Ashlight preset snapshots do. I tried uninstalling Native Access and all instruments and applications and reinstalling, but the same thing happens. I have attached a screenshot.

I am using macOS 12 and I have KK M32 and KK S88 keyboards.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Oh so by snapshots you mean the previews? It's still unclear. What happens when you double click the preset and load the instrument? Can you play it then with your keyboard?

If it's only the preview, since Alicia Keys is quite an old product, it might need to have the preview library installed in Native Access.

• garyrfield
    Answer ✓

Thanks - that was it!