KORE 2, any use?

JSparla
JSparla Member Posts: 5 Member

I still have a KORE2. I used it years ago. Can I still put it to use on a modern combi with Logic X pro and an Apple M1 chip? Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,706 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

The software will run using Rosetta 2 but the hardware hasn’t worked for some time on Mac. However since Big Sur I find I’m constantly having to dismiss messages about access to various disks which is annoying - it seems grant full disk access is not being recognised for Kore. Also you need to use a bunch of hacks to install it and the soundpacks - I had posted a guide on the old forum but that has gone now. So sadly I have not installed it on my new Mac Studio but I have recently downgraded my old iMac to Mohave and will try and reinstall it on that. The other problem of course is these days so many plugins are VST3 but not VST2

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,706 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

The software will run using Rosetta 2 but the hardware hasn’t worked for some time on Mac. However since Big Sur I find I’m constantly having to dismiss messages about access to various disks which is annoying - it seems grant full disk access is not being recognised for Kore. Also you need to use a bunch of hacks to install it and the soundpacks - I had posted a guide on the old forum but that has gone now. So sadly I have not installed it on my new Mac Studio but I have recently downgraded my old iMac to Mohave and will try and reinstall it on that. The other problem of course is these days so many plugins are VST3 but not VST2

• JSparla
    JSparla Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you 🙏🏼for your answer Kymeia! 😀

What a pity that a perfect good piece of hardware has become obsolete and unusable in my hardware midi setup.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I used the software freebie NI gave away a lot, many years ago, and still have it on that old laptop that over-heats so I don't really use these days.

I tried to install it as an x86 program on W10, but no go. Win7 or OS10 on an another PC is still an option for your hardware and the software.

Why lose it?