Are Komplete Select and Komplete Select for HW the same thing?

deadcolony
deadcolony Member Posts: 2 Member

I bought Komplete Select 13 last year and then upgraded it to Komplete Standard 13, and finally updated that to Komplete Standard 14 when it released. I also bought a Maschine MK3 after getting started into the Komplete ecosystem.

I currently have 2 licenses for Komplete Select 13,

One is just labeled as Komplete Select 13 (this is the one I first purchased) and has the option to transfer the license.

The other is labeled as Komplete Select 13 for HW and has no transfer option available.

My question is, are these completely redundant licenses except for the fact that one of them can be transferred?

Will Komplete Select 13 for HW be able to see my upgrades I have purchased over the last year or is it not able to be updated and upgraded.

Essentially, I would like to be able to sell the Komplete 13 Select license that I purchased but not lose any ability to upgrade further and to not have my current licenses affected by it.

Thanks in advance!

I also have licenses for sale for Glaze, Flesh, Paradise Rinse Expansion, and Massive X Bounce expansion so if anyone is interested HMU

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

KS13 and KS13for HW are the same, except that latter has been bundled with HW and may be transferred only with HW. The both may serve well as Base Products for Upgrade/Update.

No problem to sell your KS13, KS13 for HW will take a possition as Base Product of your upgrades.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

KS13 and KS13for HW are the same, except that latter has been bundled with HW and may be transferred only with HW. The both may serve well as Base Products for Upgrade/Update.

No problem to sell your KS13, KS13 for HW will take a possition as Base Product of your upgrades.