Is there a limit on the Konplete Kontrol instances that is efficient??

MusicFINgers
MusicFINgers Member Posts: 7 Member

I have a cubase template of over 1000 tracks, which is a mix of instrument tracks and midi tracks that feed VEPro.

I have jus got a nice shiny new s88 and have been experimenting with using the Komplete Kontrol plugin for each track in cubase, which seems great on first inspection.

I am therefore considering changing all my tracks in my template to Komplete Kontrol but it's going to take a lot of time and effort to do so so wondered if anyone has tested the limits, before I embark on this.

I don't want to get half way through and for it to all grind to a halt due to some limitation or other?!

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Well, 1000 tracks is rather insane TBH, even for a score template.

There is no limit in theory but every instance will add some extra overhead and memory so I would NEVER attempt more than 50-100 tracks personally.

I'd be doing incremental tests and a LOT of them first to see what kind of performance you get.

• MusicFINgers
    MusicFINgers Member Posts: 7 Member

I should add that whilst it’s a lot of tracks I don’t think it’s that unusual in the world of film and media scoring and it suits my workflow, however must of them sit disabled until I need them so it’s not currently overly resource hungry.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

A few hundred tracks yeah, but 1000 seems like the template from hell.

Thing will be, even disabled the plugins have to load into memory. Personally i create "instrument racks" that have all the instrumentation/layering, effects and routings for a certain ensemble or something then just add as needed, mainly to save it takint 6 years to open :)

But anyway, as mentioned if you wanted to even try adding more than 50 instances, do your progressive testing and see what the limiits are for your system/setup since it will differ to whgat others can manage

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

1000 :) tracks

• gorzasty
    gorzasty Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 2023

I have 100 tracks Komplete Kontrol limit. After 100 there is no Komplete UI only ordinary midi track on my mk2 keyboard display.