Maschine - MP60 Engine detuning samples?

nxtseq
nxtseq Member Posts: 18 Member

Hey, I've had this issue both in software and standalone (M+). Randomly during a project when picking the MP60 sample engine mode for samples, some of the samples using it (say I have 5 pads using it in a group) - starts playing detuned. This happens when I play back the sequence. Why does this happen?

And just fyi: The samples are not legato, or tuned wrongly, and there is no automation present.

Nic

Tagged:

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,349 Expert
    edited February 2022

That’s a correct emulation of a vintage MPC60, where this happens randomly.

No, just kidding, sounds like unexpected behavior to me.

Can you confirm that if you change the Sampler to use a different engine, this does not happen?

• nxtseq

Haha. Yeah this only happens in the MP60 mode. SP1200 and Standard is fine.

Nic

• ozon

Then I suggest to open a ticket with NI Support.

In the mean time I’ll try to replicate your observation.

• nxtseq

Will do, thanks. Try putting your samples at 2.30 tuning, or something similar , and apply that to all pads at the same time (with the select -> All) , and then laying down a sequence , and then switching to MP60.

Or 60 first, and then sequence. I'm pretty sure I did something like this ..

Nic

• ozon

Hm. I just tried a sequence with tuned percussion, and pitch was rock solid and no difference between engines.

What I did, using a Marimba type sample:

• Pads 1-4 differet pitches in Pad mode
    • Pad 5 standard pitch in keyboard mode
    • Record identical sequence for both situations

Let the sequence play and compare how they sound while switching all together to different engines.