Traktor Pro 3.8.0 sound problem persists.

SteveKDJ
SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper

Sometimes the sound stops, the tractor freezes, the mouse doesn't freeze.

Sometimes you hear a crackling, clicking sound.

I did everything in Traktor Pro 3 (3.8.0) according to the recommended video, no delays. but the problems described above still occur occasionally within an hour.

It is a combination of Windows, and Traktor.

Still unusable!

Comments

• SteveKDJ

It's good that no one cares, but, in addition, it occasionally says: my controller is not connected.

Now I have to collect all the other errors here and nobody checks..

but there are at least 40000 people on the forum.. 38000 with error descriptions..

happy

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Your best bet is to contact support desk to have this resolved faster. This is tipical behavior to enabled power saving option or RAM issue. Do you close all except Traktor?

Know that Windows is designed for gaming and office work so there will always be a laptop/desktop that has simply bad components that introduce latency you cannot resolve with optimizing or debloating Windows.

• SteveKDJ
    edited March 2023

Everything? I have set up everything the experts recommend, read several forums, YouTube channels (the more sensible ones).

There was nothing wrong with the Ram.

The customer service starts with, update everything..

Sometimes when you update Windows you have problems.

Then what?

And three out of four responses, tickets unresponsive.

I just saw a post. Someone had a similar problem. got this response: 

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/57599/#Comment_57599

All of my tools are still good, new stuff is coming.

Unbelievable. 

I don't know what the point is. I really don't know. what is this all about!

It's a disaster. i'm really going to leave it forever and i won't recommend this whole software thing to anyone.

@Stevan

But, since you have answered, I wonder if you can help me (I have no money) to have https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/9586 , which I use, but I have no need for only three things. I am totally not good at cartography :( could you help me what I can delete from it to keep the 3 things?

That's all I need: The "Ineed.txt"

Thank you in advance for your reply.

• Stevan

For sure I can look into it although I don't have access to Kontrol S2 MK3.

So you would like to delete all except for those controls from the txt file?

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru

Hey Steve,

I filled a bug with the Traktor team regarding sound distortion when Link or Keylock is active in 3.8

However, there are also some long standing issues with Windows 10/11 and audio applications in general, which relate to Windows Modern Standby and the DPC Latency it causes in the majority of laptops.

This is a statement from Schenker brand XMG, which in 2021 released their XMG DJ 15 laptops and then last year pulled them from sale.

"The introduction of Modern Standby and related changes to power management architecture on laptops are making it impossible for us – and as a matter of fact, for every other manufacturer – to release a laptop and genuinely call it “audio-optimized” at this point. This is in no way related to Windows 11 itself, which the new machines will be running – it’s due to changes on hardware level that need to be adapted to step by step."

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

I would download LatencyMon to see if you're getting particularly high DPC Latency on your machine.

I agree with you that Traktor is making this issue worse, but believe me it's not solely down to the outdated codebase and there are many other factors at play.

• SteveKDJ
  • SteveKDJ
    edited March 2023

@leesinthemix

Well the ones you see here I can't turn off temporarily..

see.. (LatencyMonSnap.zip, 2 png one txt file)

Anyway, when I bought it there were no problems, since the many updates there have been problems..

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Know that Windows is designed for gaming and office work.

That is not right. There are servers, workstations, music production PCs running on Windows pretty well.

What may be a problem is if one buys cheap Win computer. Or not well built Win computer.

@leesinthemix have you tried to reinstall Windows? It may help. Sometimes.....

• Stevan

Yes the list goes on... But those those two being two of the most important to support it. Audio being the background task is not optimal for DJs and music producers.

Cheap computer doesn't mean it is bad for Traktor - good hardware is good. But it is a guess game until you put it into a good test and figure out.

• SteveKDJ

I just reinstalled Windows. I tried with older and the latest release, the result is the same, as described above.

I updated drivers as much as I could.

My machine was among the best when new, along with similar and better peers. that it becomes obsolete in about half a year is not my fault. I don't have the money to replace it every six months. That's what I have to like. But, I wouldn't have thought of that.

• Atron2005
    Atron2005 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

I have the same problems with s4mk3 since I installed this update. It crashes, distorts, and has to be restarted. I would like to go back to the previous version where I had no problems. How can I do that?

• Kubrak

I never had problems with Traktor on Win. Many versions of Traktor 2 on Win 7 and all versions of Traktor 3 past six months on Win 10. Using S5 and ocasionaly Z1 and D2.

Win is well suitable for music production. I know studio making audio for films and working on Win. One needs well build computer (which usually is not the cheap one, but does not have to be hyper expensive) and good drivers for audio interface. For example RME. But OK, the truth is, that Win does not have professional unified audio driver by default, the manufacturer has to deliver the driver and it may be better or worse.

And if it is notebook, one has to remove all/most of "fancy" stuff that is installed by default. The best is to install as clean Win as possible.

Mac is easier to setup and less risky that something will not work, but has other problems, like backward compatibility.

• SteveKDJ
    edited March 2023

I have all the extras, third-party and unused programs and pre-installed programs removed.

I have bare Windows on form, but nothing helps.

(Bloatware, Office, OneDrive, E-mail, Defender, Clendar, Family Features, etc, etc, etc)

• SteveKDJ
    edited March 2023

@Atron2005 ..

This has already been asked by someone here on the forum.

He was advised to contact customer service.

After that, no one has posted anything.

But I can't remember which version didn't have this bug.

Unfortunately, the Windows system lets us use the beta test system whether we like it or not. It's worth knowing that the non-beta system is released every six months (Win10)

I think this was February was 19045.2604. i have W10 Pro 22H2 19045. But it seems the problem has not been solved.

I do remember that there were always problems. Sometimes with the calibration, sometimes with the fonts. So it's not easy.

I use accented letters (Mother tongue) but to this day the base does not recognize for example Cyrillic letters instead of empty rhymes where there are not (ID3tag)

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

• Kubrak

Accented letters are general problem for many programs for decades. I avoid using accented letters, that is the only solution that works 100% cases.

And have you tried latency monitor? And what CPU do you have? If 12th or 13th gen Intel that uses big.little CPU architecture, setting affinity of CPU cores might help. Or setting right power plan and other tweeks.