When loading remix set It doesn't work

Upstairsaterics
Upstairsaterics Member Posts: 13 Member

When loading remix set it doesn't work, normally I saw the cells being filled with the samples, now I can drag them but noting appears and plays.

Anybody any idea?

I tried reimporting but does not seem to work either

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

I have been fiddling around a bit and found out that importing as well as exporting remix sets does not work when the respective directories under Preferences -> File Management are not accurately set.

To be on the safe side, please delete the imported Remix Sets first, then open Preferences -> File Management and hit Default Dir for Samples Dir and Remix Sets Dir:

Now please try again. What's the outcome?

Answers

• Markovicz

Hi @Upstairsaterics, that sounds pretty annoying. I'll try to do some research on the phenomenon. Do you recall when the behavior changed, so which the last update has been where it worked well and with which update the issue has been introduced with?

• Upstairsaterics

indeed annoying, it seems that since the upgrade to 3.8.0 this is the case, hop you can find out asap.Thx in advance.

I am inclined to reinstall Traktor, but that seems kind of a hassle so another solution would be welcome

• Markovicz

So far I couldn't find anything out. One pretty simple way to verify the suspicion that 3.8.0 caused this cahnge of behavior would be running a test of your previously used version. That's quite simple to do actually:

How Can I Downgrade my TRAKTOR to an Earlier Version?

• Markovicz
    edited March 2023

It does not require any reinstall, as your older updates are moved to a backup folder from where you can launch them easily.

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro

Also, just a heads up. The remix decks also seem to have lost the ability to sync to any master playing deck. Traktor Pro 3 v3.80. There also seem to be some Graphical tearing on the waveform in deck 4 not matter what file is loaded or what type of deck it is. Player deck or stems deck.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

@Demus

Do you load default Remix Sets, the ones you created or the ones you found online?

• Upstairsaterics

@Mark_NI

reverting to another installation (3.5.3.303) doesn't help, still don't see the cells loading or hear something playing

@Demus

Downloaded remix sets

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro

Default remix set, the pre-installed ones from Traktor Pro 3

• Markovicz

I have checked the internal error documentation and found a referenced bug:

TP-17574 - Factory RMX sets cannot be loaded on macOS

It is actually being worked on, you might want to have an eye on the upcoming 3.9. Public Beta which is supposed to start this month.

The bug entry mentions two workarounds:

• Export and reimport remix sets
    • Load the remix set using a controller mapping or keyboard mapping

Does one of these work for you?

• Upstairsaterics

@Mark_NI

• How do I Export and reimport remix sets?
    • I ll probably wait for the 3.9 anyway

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

I uploaded those in midimaps hence it is a known issue with Traktor that is hard to fix, just drag them into the collection. Hope it works.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/12036

• Upstairsaterics

@Mark_NI

Since this is a known error, I assume it will be " taken care of" in a next release?

Its kinda annoying this, since its a functionality I really use a lot :(

I have another addtitional question (its more of a remark:) I have the full version of the software, and I dont really like the fact that you have to pay for extra functionality. (monthly fee) I understand the business case but its not user friendly .......

• Markovicz
  • Markovicz

I am optimistic but honestly cannot guarantee that the next update will contain the fix - this is a general policy as last-minute changes may change plans and ruin such promises.

In regards to the subscription model: I'll make sure that your feedback will reach the colleagues in charge. A quick remark from my side: Pro Plus features are not essential, so holders of perpetual licenses will always be able to keep using Traktor as they know it.

• Upstairsaterics

@Mark_NI

Thx I ll be patient :)