Maschine MK3 running under Mac OSX10.13?

SmartyMart
SmartyMart Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi folks,

as I´m waiting for the new 2023 Macpro I´m still using OSX10.13 on my old MacPro (no newer OSX will run there)

So here the question: one of you is running Maschine MK3 on OSX10.13...? 😎

Many thanks & cheers

Martin

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Plenty of people out there still use High Sierra. What exactly do you want to know?

The main disadvantage is you will have to stick with an older version of the software, 2.14.5 instead of the current one (v2.16 at this moment).

So you will miss out on some features and bugfixes but tbh, Maschine doesn't really evolve much, new things added in each version as mostly minor stuff, read the Update thread spoiler to know exactly what you would be missing:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/40/official-update-status-maschine-2-current-version-2-16

The main thing is probably VST3.

Btw... there are ways of installing modern OS's on old Mac Pros, it's not very hard, and people seem happy with it.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Plenty of people out there still use High Sierra. What exactly do you want to know?

The main disadvantage is you will have to stick with an older version of the software, 2.14.5 instead of the current one (v2.16 at this moment).

So you will miss out on some features and bugfixes but tbh, Maschine doesn't really evolve much, new things added in each version as mostly minor stuff, read the Update thread spoiler to know exactly what you would be missing:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/40/official-update-status-maschine-2-current-version-2-16

The main thing is probably VST3.

Btw... there are ways of installing modern OS's on old Mac Pros, it's not very hard, and people seem happy with it.

• SmartyMart
    SmartyMart Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi D-One,

ok, fine, thats good to know! I hesitated because at the NI site is written "only runs in OSX11-13".

I´m just waiting for the new MacPro that should arrive this year, but what you meantioned conc. "modern OS on old MacPros" might be interesting. Do you have a link to this matter? ( I only found ways that have to do with graphic cards and dontknowwhat)

Many thanks & cheers!

Martin