KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 change to Komplete Kontrol S88 MKII

ruben
ruben Member Posts: 8 Member

i have the KK S61 and think about to buy a KK S88 MK2. I can‘t test it at any shop arpund me. so i try if anyone can help me with this:

I have big hands with long fingers. I play very much on black keys and this black keys are very short for me on the S61. they also have an other feeling with more resistance in pressing than the white ones on my KK S61.

how is the KK S88 MK2? i know it is weighted, but i can not see if they keys are longer for big hands …

does anyone know about this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I have KK S25 (which had the same type keyboard as S61 MK1, if I remember well) and KK S88 MK1.

So, not exactly, what you ask for. S25 has aprox. 1cm (roughly half inch) shorter black and white keys than S88 Mk1. So, black keys are longer on S88.

It seems to me that white and black keys have about the same "friction" on S88. But even a bit more than S25 black key.

I definitely prefer S88 weighted to S25 semiweighted.

• ruben
    ruben Member Posts: 8 Member

Thank you - I did not use weighted keys before ... so it's new for me.

I had many Entertainer-Keyboards from diffrent Manufacturers. Last is the Korg Pa4x witch has a great Keybed.

The problem at the KK S61 is that the pivot point of the single keys is very near the cover. If I press a Key near at the pivot point it is much harder to press. this gives a very different feel for the different keys. I can't play any soulful passages well with the S61.

I need a Keybed witch the Keys have the same "friction", feelingt to press. No matter if I press a Key near to the cover or near to the end of the key.

Do you think the S88 Mk2 is better for me regarding the pivot points?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

S88 Mk1 has pivot point much further than S25 Mk1. I cannot tell for S88 Mk2. It will be probably similar.

But if you are used to semiweighted keybeds, weighted may or may not suit you. Despite the size or turning point.

I prefer weighted to semiweighted. At least if I compare NI keyboards. Other people dislike weighted and prefer semi.... There is not general answer what is better. One has to try. :-(