Filename change and relocate

Benzer81
Benzer81 Member Posts: 11 Member

I can't see the forest for the trees. I want to do the following: I have several music files for which I want to change the filename. How can I change several and at the same time have the songs updated with Relocate. Perhaps there is also an external program for deb Mac that takes over this task. Thank you for the answers

Answers

• Fotis Leon
    Fotis Leon Member Posts: 57 Helper

Hello there.

I have done it maaany times. You change the names of all the files you want, and then you just to a Relocate, on the main file. I ve done relocate to 200 files and 20.000 mp3s at once with no problem!

• Benzer81
    Benzer81 Member Posts: 11 Member

yes, sometimes it works too. but often not. and then 100 titles and more manually with relocate, that's too time-consuming for me. It then does not find changed files by itself

• Fotis Leon

Oh, you didnt mean for a "whole" file with a bunch of mp3s.

You are talking about mp3s, right?

• Fotis Leon

I checked it out by changing the names of 2 mp3s. (i never change names usually, and when i do it, i change them manually into Traktor after)

Relocation worked, cues and stripes are also working, but names didn't changed in Traktor.

As long as i know, you have to do it manually. (thats why im renaming EVERYTHING, before put it in my collection)

(hope my english make sense 😅)