M+: Multitrack recording - Feature request

DGD
DGD Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Would be. great to just plug your Maschine Plus to your computer and multitrack everything out to Ableton or protools (Sort of like having a tascan model 12 build in your Maschine Plus!

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Multitrack recording through USB is certainly very handy to process channels individually.

Unfortunately this seems to be tied to hardware limitations so it won't be possible on the actual M+.

Let's hope it will be implemented in future Maschine hardware 🤞

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@DGD

It is possible (up to 16 stereo tracks) using certain external audio interfaces. There is a thread about it in this forum.

• Analog Sol
    Analog Sol Member Posts: 18 Member

Could you just run it in controller mode and then assign multiple outputs to the plugin for recording?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@DGD This might be the thread Kubrak mentioned above: Send all Maschine Plus audio channels to computer via USB

• DoverBeach
    DoverBeach Member Posts: 48 Helper

This. I have not a powerful computer and I can't open maschine software and ableton for mixing, it's just too heavy on my cpu. Having the ability to multitrack record at least the 8 groups directly in Ableton it's essential.

I love my maschine+ but It really bothers me that for NI it's just a gateway to sell expansions and sample packs.