Light went off on my S88 MK2

groovy49
groovy49 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi folks. I'm using an S88 Mk2 keyboard with Cubase 11 Artist. All the lights on my keyboard just went off on the keyboard in the middle of a tune. it's not completely disconnected as i can still play notes. This happened earlier, and i restarted Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode without problems.

Does anyone know what is happening, and how i can fix this?.

My computer specs are ..

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 2009 (build 19043.1415)

Dell Inc. OptiPlex 7020 00

16290 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

FA-66

Intel(R) Display Audio

Komplete Kontrol MK2 MIDI

Realtek Audio

3.30 gigahertz Intel Core i5-4590

256 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

Not hyper-threaded

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Hey groovy49, by all the lights do you mean the lightguides over the keys or do you mean also the screens, and Play/Stop buttons, etc...? How often does it happen ? Do you have an antivirus ? 

• groovy49

Hi, I have AVG antivirus, and it's not found any viruses. It looks like a complete shutdown, the screens and buttons go dark, and it stops co operating with Cubase.

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

Is your power supply firmly plugged in the back of the unit and in the powerstrip? Just a thought

• WA Florek
    WA Florek Member Posts: 5 Member

I have often found updating/reinstalling Drivers and/or Firmware for a given piece of hardware, will sometimes fix Mysterious behavior. In this case it may be worth checking which version of NI firmware updater and driver you have installed for the KK S88 MKII.

Further information on this, @ Native Instruments /support/downloads pages.

• groovy49
    edited January 2022

@ pranaearth Thank you for your reply. I unplugged, and plugged back in and am satisfied that it's plugged in well. Thank you.

@ WA Florek Thank you for your reply. I'll get on with trying that, and let you know, if it solved the problem,

• groovy49

This problem only happens when I'm in Cubase 11 Artist. There's no problem when I'm in Standalone mode.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Sometimes antiviruses cause similar issues, they interpret interactions between the software and hardware as a threat. Please try to deactivate the antivirus or whitelist Komplete Kontrol and Cubase. Also make sure to run both programs as administrator:

How To Run Programs As Administrator In Windows 10

• groovy49
    edited January 2022

Jeremy @ NI

That never occurred to me. I can of course deactivate my antivirus, but how would i go about whitelisting them?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Well, it depends on the program, please refer to your antivirus manual or resources. First you should give it a try with the antivirus deactivated see if you can reproduce the issue or not.

• groovy49
    edited January 2022

Jeremy @ NI I ran Cubase with Administrator and fingers crossed a few hours on, it's working without any problems. I'll be watching it more closely from now on, waiting for the other shoe to drop, lol.

• groovy49

Thank you all for all your help, and suggestions. It really would have been a nightmare without you guys.