ID3-tags are not supported…

Mip
Mip Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello guys,

i just got my Traktor Kontrol S4 and Traktor Pro 3.

Either I use it on Mac OSX 12 or Windows 10, I cannot read any of my files files from ITunes (Music).

I get the error « ID3-tags are not supported for … ». I tried different files formats.

What’s the problem? Do I need to convert them prior to any upload to Traktor? Sounds weird.

thanks for your precious help.

Mike

Answers

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro

Traktor doesn't support DRM-protected files.

m4p-files are DRM-protected AAC-files.

https://www.lifewire.com/m4p-file-2621959

• Mip
    Mip Member Posts: 2 Member

Ok got it. Thanks.

• Leonski
    Leonski Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I dont get it NI advertise that you can use iTunes in traktor pro 3!! But the only thing I see is the it sees apple music but all the music in there is not usable because of ID3 tags. and I have searched for a solution but there is non!

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro

There is an explanation. It is just a but confusing because Apple changed the name of iTunes to music.app.

So the former "iTunes" is now called Apple's "music.app".

"Music.app" is supported by Traktor in terms of the software that holds your bought/downloaded music like mp3s, wav, ...

"Apple Music" is a streaming service (which is an included feature of Apple's music.app). This streaming feature is not supported by Traktor (like Spotify).

So, you can use music.app/iTunes with Traktor but only with music you really own!

Music from "Apple Music" streaming service is not yours, you only rented it as long as you subscribe. It's about copyrights and royalties und this is the reason why these files are DRM.

• Leonski
    Leonski Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I found away around it I converted all my music with DRmare