How can i connect a sub to komplete audio 6 mk2?

Binkn_
Binkn_ Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi, I am trying to connect a sub to the interface by plugging it into out 3. I have my monitors plugged into 1 and 2 normally with normal sound coming out, but nothing for out 3. Is there a way to have all out's 1,2 and 3 playing at the same time? Thanks

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

It depends on the sub, and your other speakers, a sub with the x-over inside, you connect to the interface and the other speakers to the sub. What speakers do you use.

• Binkn_

I have 2 HS5's plugges into the 1 and 2 out of the interface. Then I have output 3 connected by a 1/4in cable directly to the sub. The sub is an old Logitec ****** sub more meant for home use not studio. Currently trying to output through all of them at the same time

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023

You can maybe set output 3/4 as additional output in your DAW, you can even set in some daws a crossover for the speakers and deactivate the sub and high pass for the other speakers if needed. But then it will only work in that DAW with the sub. You normally would need an external crossover, like i already mentioned, otherwise you would have overlapping frequencies from the sub and the other speakers. Something like a behringer suoer-x for example would do the job just fine and you get them for cheap on second hand websites.

• Binkn_

Before I had a steinberg C1 audio interface and I had my sub plugged into the "phone" insert on the interface. That had its own gain control knob which I would use to make the sub louder or turn it fully off. I was wondering if I can do something similar with this interface without the DAW. Thank you

• Uwe303

You could use phones out on the front to do that - it's not the technical correct way but it will work and if it's ok for you then do it that way.