Crackling in Maschine+ when browsing sounds with new project and nothing loaded

Sequänza
Sequänza Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Community,

I am a little bit frustrated when starting my Maschine+. It seems that this device has to be warmed up before it is able to play sounds without crackling. I start with a new project with nothing loaded inside and only when I am browsing, I have these cracklings.

Connected is a Tascam Model 12 as external audio interface. I tried the trick in audio settings and switch between internal and external audio interface, but this does not help at all. Is this a known issue?

Is my device faulty?

Thank you and best regards…

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,614 mod
    Answer ✓

@Sequänza Well, normally the M+ takes control of these settings but we would recommend to set the Tascam to the same settings as the M+ operates: 44.1 Khz / 24 Bit / 128 samples

If you still get cracklings, can you check which firmware version is your M+? You can check in Settings -> About

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Sequänza If you disconnect the Tascam, power up the M+, do you also get the cracklings with only the internal soundcard?

• Sequänza
    Sequänza Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Jeremy,

I got no cracklings when I use the internal soundcard, so it has to do with my Tascam? It runs 44/16.

What settings are recommended?

Thanks for investigation ;-)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Sequänza Well, normally the M+ takes control of these settings but we would recommend to set the Tascam to the same settings as the M+ operates: 44.1 Khz / 24 Bit / 128 samples

If you still get cracklings, can you check which firmware version is your M+? You can check in Settings -> About