Remove demo instruments from Komplete Kontrol without uninstalling

mobiUS-prog
mobiUS-prog Member Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all. I’m using the browser in Komplete Kontrol on a mac to select patches based on criteria such as “soundscapes” “pads” that sort of thing. However, in the results it throws up instruments that are demo and not activated. Is there a way that i can get Komplete to ignore these without going through the rather convoluted uninstall process?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

short answer is no, go into native access and check there what's in demo mode and if it is correct, then uninstall that stuff under system/software for windows for example.

Uwe

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

short answer is no, go into native access and check there what's in demo mode and if it is correct, then uninstall that stuff under system/software for windows for example.

Uwe

• mobiUS-prog

ah - suspected that to be the case. ok thanks for your help Uwe303

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

You can try just remove the NKS files themselves for the instruments in question.

If you right-click a preset and choose to "Find in Explorer" it should take you to the instruments folder. This will show the instruments presets so in the case of Kontakt instruments for instance, deleting these will also delete the preset from the Kontakt browser I believe. If in doubt, just move them somewhere but if it's demo content as mentioned, possibly best to just uninstall.

• mobiUS-prog

That’s great, i’ll have a go. Thanks for your help

• MarkinLA
    MarkinLA Member Posts: 24 Member

Did it work? It didn't when I tried. Can anyone else shed light on how to remove a library from the browser, but without an uninstall?

• mobiUS-prog

hi @MarkinLA - i’m on a mac, so in the end i went along the uninstall route, which i see wasn’t what you wanted. However if you we’re avoiding it through complexity, it’s actually really easy, and fixed the issue straight away. this is a helpful clip to show you how to do it in a mac… https://youtu.be/Uzj0Jo86j8Y