Key change after a new analyzed scan in Traktor Pro 3.7.1 .338

Hello, when I give my tracks a new analyze then sometimes the key value changes. Is there a different algorithm or something?

Greetz

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,546 admin

Hi @Alex Dutch don't think I've seen similar reports here before. Can you please get in touch with our support team directly so we can have a closer look? https://bit.ly/n1trakt

• Alex Dutch
    Alex Dutch Member Posts: 27 Member

Hello Kaiwan, i have tested many many times and it is tru that key change after a rescan. Test it yourself please, it is not a joke. I make a test playlist. search 10 tracks with 1m and 126 bpm. After a rescan some are 9d and 12m. Please test it your self. Greets.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 582 Pro

Are the tracks by chance from Beatport streaming? The key displayed on the tracks before analyzing is sometimes different from the scanned result.

• Alex Dutch

No, my complete libarary is analyzed in the last few years. When i go to a some older tracks i dont play often en rescan that files the changed. Not all. If i re analyzed 10 tracks then mostly 1-3 tracks get an other key.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,320 Expert

And if you analyze the same 10 again, do they change again?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    edited March 2023

No, my complete libarary is analyzed in the last few years. When i go to a some older tracks i dont play often en rescan that files the changed. Not all.

Maybe NI has changed/updated/improved the key extraction algorithms. Or fixed a bug... It might happen over the years.

Or do you mean, that in previous versions of Traktor this had not happen and it has started in 3.7.1.

• Alex Dutch

Yes, thats what i mean. If NI improved algorithms the that is big news so that will be in the changelogs.

Please tried it yur self, its a big thing.