Mac OS Tags on Ensembles

ZooTooK
ZooTooK Member Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2023 in Reaktor

I've noticed that the tags I've put on ensembles disappear when I save the ensemble again from Reaktor. Not Save As apparently but just save to same file name when I made an minor update. And looking at the file in Finder the file disappears for a short moment and then reappears just as the file is deleted and the creted again by Reaktor.

The consequence how ever is that using and maintaining tags is more or less impossible as I need to re-tag the file each I make an update, like adding a new snapshot. Pretty hopeless.... I whish Reaktor had a built in ensemble browser with tags like Kontakt... or am I missing something?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@ZooTooK What kind of tags did you put on these ensembles?

• ZooTooK
    edited March 2023

Just the standard Mac OS tags in High Sierra and Reaktor 6.4.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Ok, well, I guess when you save the ensemble it's considered by your computer as new. Maybe the solution here would be to save a copy of the ensembles you are using in your projects within the project. How to Use Automatic Saving with REAKTOR in your DAW

• ZooTooK

OK, thanks for the answer, even if that it not the answer I wanted to hear.... I don't want to have copies of the same ensemble as a general rule as that is just confusing. And also I'm using Reaktor stand alone quite a bit trying out ensembles and making new snapshots to be used later. Each time I save, the tags are lost. As I have 5000+ ensembles stored across about 15 folders - tags can help alot when trying to find things when working on a project in a creative mode.

As Reaktor makes a new file each time it saves an ensemble it doesn't help to get a dedicated tagging tool either, which there are a few really good ones 😐️

The UL is really the one of Reaktors strongest advantage. But today all users are up to them selves to organize what they've downloaded from the UL. To assist in making it easy to organize the ensembles (like the Kontakt browser) would be a major improvement. It would certainly make people use it more.