How does one set pitch bend to one octave in Session Bassist Prime Bass?

flexoffset
flexoffset Member Posts: 4 Member

How does one set pitch bend to one octave in Session Bassist Prime Bass? It seems like it should be straightforward but it does not appear to be. Either that, or I'm missing something obvious.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You also never said "Slide" the note... I suggest looking at the "Slide" keyswitch and how that works. (can be found in section 3 of the PB manual.

Answers

• Blindeddie

Stating the obvious, you cannot "Bend" a note on a Bass guitar up a full octave!!! not sure what your end goal is, but when these instruments are designed, they are done so to emulate the actual instrument.

• flexoffset
    edited March 2023

I shall also state the obvious: One can slide the fretting finger up to the 12ft fret, and back down.

You might read the question again. I never said bend the note. I said use pitch bend.

Listen to the first few bars of Parliament's "We've Got the Funk" for an example. The only way to accomplish it in midi is a pitch bend.

The existing options are limited two one or two canned options for glissandos.

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You also never said "Slide" the note... I suggest looking at the "Slide" keyswitch and how that works. (can be found in section 3 of the PB manual.

• flexoffset

Indeed. I missed the velocity-dependent component of the slide. I'll give it a try. Many thanks.