KK M32 Touchstrips Not Working Anymore

Mallet
Mallet Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

The touchstrips of my KK M32 have stopped working, so I can't use them for pitch modulation or volume control anymore.

Any idea what could be wrong ? Novice/Beginner here.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

can you provide a specific example of an instrument that they do not work on?

• Mallet

They don't work on any instrument within Logic Pro (both the default plug-ins and the third-party ones), nor even those in the Komplete Kontrol app itself.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Even in Kontakt?

There are diagnostic tool apps - such as MIDI-Ox (Windows) or MIDI-Monitor (Mac) - that could help troubleshooting if your touchstrips are indeed defect.

• Mallet

Checked it just now:

For some reason, the Pitch wheel now works again with the Komplete Kontrol app, and also with the Logic Pro native plug-ins, but not the Spitfire Audio Drama kit plug-in.

The other touch strip still doesn't have any effect on the master volume like it used to.

• Mallet

OK, so I downloaded the MIDI Monitor app.

When I move my finger on the touchstrip the app gets a signal titled "modulation wheel (coarse)".

Not sure how it lost its (apparently) innate capacity to control Instrument Volume, and what changes need to be done to reassign this virtual slider. I'm sure this is a very elementary question, btw ... Still new to all this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Mallet The touchstrips are assigned to these MIDI CCs: Left Touch Strip = Pitch Bend, Right Touch Strip = CC#1 = Modulation Wheel, so your MIDI monitor readings seem to indicate everything is ok on the M32. So it could be that you assigned something accidentally to MIDI CC1 in Logic Pro.

What happens in Komplete Kontrol in standalone ? What instruments have you tried? What controls CC1 / the modwheel touch strip differs from library to library.