Moving sounds

zen drummer
zen drummer Member Posts: 26 Member

Hi, How r u? In the Machine software, that I am running on a windows computer, there are those 16 sound slots and when I double click on a drum kit in the browser menu it loads for example the 808 kit. Now I want to move the snare in slot 2 to slot 4, I tried to click and drag but it did not work any suggestions? Thanks

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hi. 👋

Nah, just disable the audio preview and you can then move / drag the Pads around just fine:

When audio preview is ON dragging is disabled because clicking cause the Pad to trigger.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Just use right-click and then copy from that slot and paste to the new one. Just make sure you're right-clicking on the slot name and not number because for some reason that doesn't work as reliably.

• D-One
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hi. 👋

Nah, just disable the audio preview and you can then move / drag the Pads around just fine:

When audio preview is ON dragging is disabled because clicking cause the Pad to trigger.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Ahhh! Thanks D. Good tip.

• wzdm.85
    wzdm.85 Member Posts: 67 Helper

I would love if NI added an exchange pad function. Similar to how the SP404 works.

• D-One

No idea how it works on an SP404 but on an MK3 you can rearrange the Pad order on the Pad Mode menu while holding Shift, it's the 'move' function.