How to deactivate Midi-CC-IN For Komplete Kontrol in a DAW?

nowiamone
nowiamone Member Posts: 26 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello,

Imagine the following Setup: Komplete Kontrol S Mk2 on the table, next to it a launchpad mini mk3, both running with Ableton. The Buttons of the Launchpad Mini Mk3 send Midi CC values to Ableton, where those Midi CC Values are assigned to some DAW Functions, and some Plugin-Parameters.

Here comes the Problem: When the Komplete Kontrol Software is loaded, it seems to have lots of pre-assigned Parameters corresponding (listening to) Midi CC, which leads to conflict = double-assignments!

For example, a Launchpad Button is controlling on/off of a Filter-Plugin, it has Midi CC 30 on Midi Channel 10. But when i have my Komplete Kontrol Software VST loaded, the Launchpad Button not only turns the Ableton Filter-Plugin on/off, but also switches the Preset in Komplete Kontrol!! Because, at it seems, CC30 happens to be a preset-switch in KompleteKontrol. Or when pressing a button with CC 110, cc111, etc. on any Midi channel, one of the 8 controller knob parameters jumps from 0 to 100.

This is unbearable.

How do i change Komplete Kontrol to only function within Channel 1 and not even listen to the other Channels? Or to not listen to any external Midi CC at all? [For the standalone Version, the solution can be to turn off the Launchpad/other controllers, yes. But in Ableton this is not possible to do. Because - of course - i have to activate my Midi-Controller in Abletons preferences!] It would be fine if KK is just using Channel 1 and i can freely assign my other Controllers with Channels 2 up to 16.. without having to fear any double-assignments and unwanted behaviors.

Please help :)

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you open up komplete kontrol stand alone, with no controller, then click on midi - knobs and x all out, same for buttons.

• nowiamone
    Answer ✓

Ohhh i was too dumb to understand "with no controller".

You meant without the Komplete Controller of course!

haha. After doing so, i found the "missing" Menu, to adress the CCs i was having issues with :)

Thanks alot, it now seems to work, i hope :)

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you open up komplete kontrol stand alone, with no controller, then click on midi - knobs and x all out, same for buttons.

• nowiamone
    edited March 2023

Hello do you mean the following? Then sadly it doesn't help.

Sadly, this does not help. I guess it's because this only changes what MIDI CC Komplete Kontrols Hardware is sending OUT, not what the Software is getting IN.

The Problem persists. Thanks for the try though :)

As i wrote above i can immediately "solve" the problem by deactivating the conflicting controllers completely in the Midi Preferences - but a) this is a somewhat harsh solution, deleting the complete input of other controllers, cause sometimes you want to use those controllers partially for the DAW but partially also for KK functions... and most importantly b) this saaadly does not work in a DAW. When running the KK VST in Ableton, the "Preferences" Menu does no longer contain the category of "MIDI", and you can't change anything.

• nowiamone
    Answer ✓

Ohhh i was too dumb to understand "with no controller".

You meant without the Komplete Controller of course!

haha. After doing so, i found the "missing" Menu, to adress the CCs i was having issues with :)

Thanks alot, it now seems to work, i hope :)