komplete kontrol scaling issues

monomood
monomood Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi there,

I'm running Live on a 49" 32:10 5k Monitor. Initially having the issue that most of the plugins had weird GUI scaling, I found out that you need to disable the auto scaling feature for every plugin in Live. So far so good.

The same problem appears however when using third party plugins within the komplete kontrol VST surface. It's putting the GUI in the lower left corner, while the actual control surface is scaled to fit the rest of the black box. So you have to guess, where the actual faders and knobs are, which makes it impossible to use those plugins.

A short search did not bring any related results. Is that a known issue and are there any solutions for it? Thanks for your help, everyone!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Well, actually, I got some feedback already. This should be fixed in the coming beta version of Komplete Kontrol, would you like to join that beta?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@monomood What are your display settings? Do you get a normal GUI with a display at 100% ? Is this also happening if you load Massive or a Kontakt library in Komplete Kontrol inside Ableton? Is it happening for all third party plug-ins or only Arturia ones? If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone do you get the same issue, with your usual scaling options? When it's set to 100% ?

• monomood

Hey Jeremy,

thanks for getting into this: let me answer your questions one by one:

the issue does not appear when 100% scaling is set to the display. but as this way too small I'm running it on 175% zoom (the issue also happens on other zoom levels). Resolution is 5120*1440

Massive and Kontakt are being scaled correctly. I checked with Plugin Alliance and Softtube VSTs and it looks like the problem only occurs with Arturia stuff.

Scaling works in stand-alone mode even though the lack of any zoom function makes it inconvenient to operate. But GUI and functions are corresponding.

Side note: I'm using KK since day one and it also worked on this large screen until I upgraded my GTX970 to an RTX 4080 recently (latest driver installed)

I hope this information was useful

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

@monomood Thanks a lot for all the information. I'm forwarding this to the Komplete Kontrol team. Hopefully I get more info soon.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Well, actually, I got some feedback already. This should be fixed in the coming beta version of Komplete Kontrol, would you like to join that beta?

• monomood

Hi Jeremy,

thank you so much for your engagement.

Good to hear that you are already addressing the issue and I'd love to be part of the beta.

What do I have to do to take part?

• Jeremy_NI

I've forwarded your email to the team, you should get an invite for the beta soon.

• eaglepass
    eaglepass Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi There,

I have the exact same problem. Could I also get an invite to the beta?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Try the latest Arturia updates - they now have free resizing which might make a difference. tbh I'm not seeing this but maybe it's a Windows issue?

• Jeremy_NI

@eaglepass Can you check it's still happening with the latest version of Arturia's plug-ins? I'll forward your email to the team anyway so they can invite you too.

• eaglepass
    eaglepass Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi Jeremy_NI,

Yes, as per the pic this is the problem with V Collection Version 9.2 which I understand is the latest version from Arturia. I actually just bought the software yesterday and installed and this is what I see. As before please invite me to the BETA that would hopefully fix this. Thank you.

• Jeremy_NI

@eaglepass You should get an invite soon.

• TheZilla
    TheZilla Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi Jeremy, would it be possible to join the beta on this as well? I'm having the same issue on a 32" 4K screen - I just can't see the window at all without changing the scale of my entire display. I would love to beta anything you have as well.

Thank you!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023

@TheZilla There's no beta at the moment. There are ongoing bugs regarding scaling. Can you post a screenshot as well as your system details (OS, graphic card, resolution)?

• dtonshel
    dtonshel Member Posts: 3 Member

I know this thread is a little old, but here's an update. I was having the same issue with the NI Komplete Kontrol plug-in GUI being too small in Bitwig 5.0.11.

I found a fix: I disabled Plug-in Interface Scaling in Settings>Plug-ins, and after I reloaded the session everything looked full size (as well as plug-ins by other manufacturers).

• monomood
    edited November 2023

Thanks for the update @dtonshel

After doing a complete reinstall of windows and all music software (for other reasons) the problem never appeared again on my setup.