Can't load X1 custom mapping: "there are no mapped controllers", the X1 doesn't seem active

cheeseus
cheeseus Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello,

I am trying to load a custom mapping for Kontrol X1 that I downloaded from this forum. I have been using this mapping for two years without issues on both my desktop and laptop. However, I had to completely uninstall Traktor on my desktop, so the settings were lost. Now, each time I do the fairly simple steps of adding the mapping (Preferences > Controller Manager > Add -- Import TSI -- Import Other -- [browse to mapping]), Traktor won't let me choose In-Port (says: None).

The Kontrol X1 itself lights up when plugged but then goes dark. If I go to Preferences -- Traktor X1 and click Calibrate, I see the message that "There are no mapped controls. Calibration aborted."

I connected the X1 to my laptop, where I have the same (latest) version of Traktor Pro and it works just fine – the mapping is there (added two years ago), I can activate the custom functionality by pressing Shift + FX1/2.

In the meantime, the Z2 that I bought recently works fine with both my laptop and desktop. But the Z2 is too heavy and bulky to move around to connect to my PC.

I hope you can help me get it to work.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• cheeseus
    Answer ✓

Oh, this was me being dim... The X1 USB driver (Traktor Kontrol X1 Setup PC.exe) wasn't installed. Uninstalling Traktor Pro must have removed the driver, too, that's why the controller wasn't recognised.

I've now installed the driver and it works!

Apologies for being so dim...

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Does the Controller Editor recognize the hardware?

• cheeseus
    edited March 2023

I don't think it does. If it did, the X1 LEDs wouldn't be dark. They glow (dimmed) when I connect the X1 to my laptop, where the mapping and the controller work okay.

• cheeseus
    Answer ✓

Oh, this was me being dim... The X1 USB driver (Traktor Kontrol X1 Setup PC.exe) wasn't installed. Uninstalling Traktor Pro must have removed the driver, too, that's why the controller wasn't recognised.

I've now installed the driver and it works!

Apologies for being so dim...