Chop samples

zen drummer
zen drummer Member Posts: 26 Member

Hi, how do I chop samples in Machine software WITHOUT a Machine hardware controller like Mikro mk3. Thanks

Best Answer

• aafanatic
    aafanatic Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Answer ✓

I don’t know how you done it using the hardware , but I would just copy the sample onto a couple of pads and truncate the first slice, and on the second pad truncate the second slice.

There is a slice mode in the software and the sensitivity can be adjusted for transients, but I usually like to do all of that by hand/ear.

I would rather have all of my slices on different pads in one group, than on different notes on one pad. Especially not starting with C0 or C -1.

if you are referring to auto mapping, then, I have no experience with that.

Answers

• aafanatic
    Answer ✓

I don’t know how you done it using the hardware , but I would just copy the sample onto a couple of pads and truncate the first slice, and on the second pad truncate the second slice.

There is a slice mode in the software and the sensitivity can be adjusted for transients, but I usually like to do all of that by hand/ear.

I would rather have all of my slices on different pads in one group, than on different notes on one pad. Especially not starting with C0 or C -1.

if you are referring to auto mapping, then, I have no experience with that.

• aafanatic

@zen drummer if you want to tell me a little bit more about what you are trying to do I would be glad to help. Are you chopping drum loops? To get individual sounds or remap/regroove the loop? Are you working on a laptop or a desktop, Mac, or PC? Is this something that you are going to have to do a lot?

• zen drummer
    zen drummer Member Posts: 26 Member

Thanks aafanatic for your help I found a good video by sanjayc that showed me how to do it as well as your Information.