How to remove instrument from Komplete Kontrol S series keyboard screen

James Gordon
James Gordon Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

I'm on a Mac Mini silicon chip. I've removed some East West instruments (Gold editions) from my computer. Then I deleted the komplete.db3 file and emptied trash. Rebooted computer and opened Komplete Kontrol software and let it rebuild the instrument database. But I still see the deleted instruments in my Komplete Kontrol software and the S61 keyboard's screen when I browse. (Of course, if I select them, a dialog box stating 'not found' appears). What step am I missing to rebuild the KK S61's database of instruments in order to reflect the current instruments (and remove the one's that no longer exist)?

Thanks for any help,

James

Tagged:

Best Answer

• James Gordon
    Answer ✓

Solution -

Found the issue. Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, here's what I missed.

I had removed the instruments via East West installation Center but didn't remove the NKSF files from the instrument's NKS folder(s) in Macintosh HD - Library - Application support - East West - NKS

One thing that threw me off was when I accessed the library folder by opening a finder window and holding down the option key, it took me to my user library folder. The application support folder there did not have the East West NKS folder in it. The East West folder was in a different library folder accessed directly from Macintosh HD. If you don't see that folder, do a google search for how to permanently unhide the library folder.

Answers

• James Gordon
    Answer ✓

Solution -

Found the issue. Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, here's what I missed.

I had removed the instruments via East West installation Center but didn't remove the NKSF files from the instrument's NKS folder(s) in Macintosh HD - Library - Application support - East West - NKS

One thing that threw me off was when I accessed the library folder by opening a finder window and holding down the option key, it took me to my user library folder. The application support folder there did not have the East West NKS folder in it. The East West folder was in a different library folder accessed directly from Macintosh HD. If you don't see that folder, do a google search for how to permanently unhide the library folder.

• MarkinLA
    MarkinLA Member Posts: 26 Member

This post was incredibly helpful. I stopped my subscription to EastWest and was at pains to remove it. I actually did the reverse to you; I removed all the NKS files but I forgot to rebuild the komplete.db3 file so THANK YOU!