Factory library 2 update broke Kontakt 7's browser

aidenstunes
aidenstunes Member Posts: 163 Advisor

After updating Factory library 2 a few minutes ago,

I have noticed that it completely broke the new Hi DPI browser inside Kontakt 7.

For some reason, when removing Factory library 2 just to test it out, it turns out that there's a folder called 'Kontakt', and the NKI inside opens Action Strings 2.

When Factory Library is installed, 2 different folders are present, non of them lead to Factory library 2 correctly, one of them has got no thumbnail image, and this one leads to various instruments inside the 'Beats' folder only.

A screenshot is attached:

How could this possibly happen? Unbelievable to be honest, but I am sure you'll be fixing such a weird mess right away. I shall note that when using the old side pane everything works perfectly fine, the bug seems to affect the new browser and the new browser alone.

Best regards and have a great weekend,

Idan

Best Answer

Answers

• aidenstunes
    edited March 2023

Update:

+ Reinstalling the library failed to solve the issue.

+ Rebuilding Kontakt 7's library failed to solve the issue.

Edit: I have removed Factory Library 2 & Action Strings 2 once again. I have reinstalled Action Strings 2 alone this time. It created this 'Kontakt' instrument for me again, and it leads to Action Strings 2. Factory Library 2 is not currently installed, so I wonder what went wrong.

• Creator471
    Creator471 Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2023

I have the same problem and see the broken icon and only the 90 presets in this view. Both reinstalling the Library and Kontakt 7 did not work.

But: the presets itself ARE installed. They can be accessed in the instruments rack (via google view) und selecting the KFL2, the icon is displayed.

I found a zip file "Images" with files from ../NI_Resources/Kontakt factory 2 in discussions. This directory was missing, I had only the directory from Kontakt 6. When copy the images folder in /NI_Resources at least the icon showed up correctly - but still only 90 presets.

UPDATE - several hours later: I think old Kontakt 6 Library Icon ist now used for the NEW Kontakt Library 2. At least it links to the new presets/sounds, a total of 804. It seems the Kontakt 6 lib is now hidden ( but only in this view) and the new, incomplete "Kontakt Library 2" folder should not be there AT ALL ..... ?!?!?

System: M1, Monterey, new (black) Native Access, Komplete Std.

• aidenstunes

Thank you for sharing this with me! Good to know I am not the only one. I wonder why it affects AS2 as well. Can you find Action Strings 2 inside that 'Kontakt' tile as well?

• aidenstunes

NP, I have just noticed that you edited your message with detailed information and screenshots. Thanks a ton for backing me up here! I am sure NI will have a look at it soon, I just wonder why a fix of a single bug - breaks ten others.

• Elad @ NI
    Elad @ NI Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer βœ“

Hi,

Thanks for the report!

We've already released a hotfix for this issue, which was only related to the sorting of the beats category in the browser,

However, since K7 has cache you might have to perform a manual rescan which is fairly simple and described in this article for Maschine software and Komplete Kontrol (just replace "Kontakt 7" with either: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018591137-Thumbnail-Picture-Icons-are-Missing-in-the-Komplete-Kontrol-Maschine-2-Browser

Thanks again :)

Best,

Elad

• aidenstunes
    edited March 2023

Dear Elad,

What about that additional Kontakt tile? What about Action Strings 2 that somehow got inside that tile?

Is the hotfix only fixing the missing image or all of that mess at once?

I have checked NA two hours ago and I wad up to date with FL2 (1.1.0), is the hotfix a newer version?

Thanks!

Idan

*EDIT: As I have mentioned, I have already tried rebuilding the database. I used the guide you attached here this morning but it didn't solve anything.

• aidenstunes

I wonder how did this Kontakt tile was created in the first place, and why do you have an image while mine is missing and swapped with a gray icon :/.

• Elad @ NI
    Elad @ NI Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi,

The hotfix number is 1.1.2, so this should be the version appearing in NA.

We released it not long ago so please check NA again :)

After that please perform again the rescan and that should get rid of the "new" tile (you should only see a "Kontakt" tile in the browser and underneath it are the Factory Library 2 instruments),

As I mentioned it was created due to an incorrect product tagging of the nki's in the "Beats" category.

"Action strings 2" appearing under the "Kontakt" tile is a different issue that is already known and would be addressed shortly as well.

Thanks again for your cooperation, let me know after trying it out.

Best,

Elad

• aidenstunes

Version 1.1.2 works like a magic. I didn't even need to rebuild the database afterwards. Thank you so much, the Kontakt Dev team, for pushing the hotfix during a weekend.

• Creator471
    Creator471 Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2023

Hi Elad,

thx for the quick fix!! It worked after applying the fix with NA, no rescan required. The release notes in NA however didn't mention the 1.1.2 after install.