Why does my MIDI mapping get changed when I connect to Logic Pro?

eboburrito
eboburrito Member Posts: 5 Member

I have a Maschine Mikro Mk3. I'm using Superior Drummer 3 and trying to run it through Logic Pro. I'm brand new to MIDI and so I've been getting stuck a lot. I've followed this video and it has helped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Bj58vQ2WM&list=PLP4WDU63v24GYd7i4srN-is6013WVO8cg&index=6

However when I get to the one minute mark in the video (set micro mk3 to midi mode) the mapping I have set up in Maschine 2 gets totally messed up. Some pads are playing multiple notes at the same time. Can anyone help me get passed this? I'm getting super frustrated.

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

@eboburrito What mapping have you set up in Maschine 2? Did you do it with Controller Editor? Could it be that you set up some pads with the same notes as other pads?

• eboburrito

@Jeremy_NI I didn't set it up with Controller Editor. I set it up with the Maschine 2 app like that video. Should I do it in Controller Editor instead?

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper

I've set up several templates using Controller Editor to be used within Logic X and have never had any issues. Once you get the hang of it, its quite easy.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Depending on what you want to do, both.

But if the point is to control Superior Drummer 3 hosted in Logic, there's no point in setting anything up in Maschine-2-Plugin... You wont be using it anyway, all you want to use is MIDI Mode, thus what matters is Controller Editor.

• eboburrito

Thanks everyone. I think I figured it out. I'm using controller editor only, and it's working.