Traktor 3.6.1 Crash

Last night for the first time like this, Traktor crashed.

It just closed the program during my set. Run it again and everything was good.

Crash report is here:

Tagged:

Comments

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @Fotis Leon,

do you recall your last interaction with the software when the crash occurred (such as browsing, loading, applying FX)?

• Fotis Leon
    Fotis Leon Member Posts: 57 Helper

@mark_ni, nothing at all. I remember exactly, cause it was an "easy going" night, and i didnt do anything for a minute or two. just loaded the track, and let it play. suddenly, just crashed. Haven't happend again until now (its been a month since i post it), but it happened once. And unfortunately, everytime something new happens lately.

• Markovicz

Hi Fotis, were you using an Audio CD during that session?

• Fotis Leon

@Mark_NI what do you mean by Audio CD?

(still haven't happened again. almost 2 months later. (crash report doesnt provide anything usefull?))

• Markovicz

Actually, I was informed by a developer that the crash report suggests an issue connected to the usage of an Audio CD on your computer - that's why I am asking. Does the computer in question still have a CD drive?

• Fotis Leon

Oh, you are talking about a CD drive. No it doesn't.

• Markovicz

That's odd - I will have to talk to that dev again I suppose 😉

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro

i also had crashes with traktor 3.6.1 from time to time. I could never completely solve the problem, but at least narrow it down a bit. It was important in each case that no other background processes were running (e.g. Rekordbox, Adobe, server syncing, etc.)

I also only had the crashes with Pioneer drivers (DJM mixer, no matter which one). The problem occurred less if the firmware number of the respective mixer was displayed correctly in the setup utility. Most of the time I had to pull out the USB cable again during setup and plug it in again (after starting my MacBook Pro) otherwise the firmware always just said *** *** instead of 0.1.7 or something like that.

Since 3.7 I haven't had any serious problems with regular crashes (fingers crossed). So I also recommend an upgrade to 3.7 or 3.7.1 and I think I read somewhere that there are problems with older Intel chips in MacBooks in the meantime gave. So if you also have an older computer, like me, it could also be because of that.

• Fotis Leon

@Owner im running 3.7.1 on an Intel i9-12950

Had an i7, 3d gen and it was "old" for Traktor...

Bought the new one few months ago, its too new... LOL!