Maschine+ with Mc-707

djadidai
djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro

Hello dear community.

I have gotten my hands on a Roland Mc-707, I know, lucky me! I don’t have it at home yet since it’s on its way but I noticed it has usb connection. So my question here is directed to any one of you with a 707 or a 101.

what happens if I connect the 707 to one of the USB ports on my M+?

Or should I connect them with midi cables and line cables?

Also: anyone else around here who has tried these 2 together? Any tips, tricks, things I should know?

peace and love!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,034 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as far as i can see, with the latest firmware it is class compliant, so it should work via usb. If not you can use midi din and line cables.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,034 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as far as i can see, with the latest firmware it is class compliant, so it should work via usb. If not you can use midi din and line cables.

• djadidai

Thank you Uwe! I’m getting it today and I will try connect it and see what happens. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen, not expecting one of the units to explode hahaha

• djadidai

To anyone who is interested:

connecting 707 to M+ with usb cable works fine! Just remember to enter midi settings!

Connect line cables also and go to a pad and change settings in input so you route the sound from the 707 to a pad, gives you all the percs of 707 and all percs of M+ on top of 707!! MAGIC!!!

• Lavalamp
    Lavalamp Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@djadidai How you getting on with the 707? Just bought one to pair with the M+. Any tips?

• djadidai

I bought a bigger mixer since then, so now they both have separate channels and are connected with midi cables so I have my jam and m32 connected to the M+ on the back.

well, similar instruments that work differently, you’ll notice that the pads are not as responsive as the M+ pads and the 707 doesn’t really register if you play faster than 16ths, so you gotta add substeps manually, while the M+ pads register every touch. The 707 has probability in the sequencer which is great.

my best tip: get to know both units as much as you can, so you know what to play from where and how you can shape your sounds. There are some very strange button combinations on the 707, like undo, or duplicate and so on. Also, make sure your pattern lengths are equally long or half, where needed so your scenes or loops don’t get out of sync, not bpm wise but arrangement wise. And for every new project on the 707: go to project settings and raise the overall volume from 100 to 120 or something like that, the overall volume will feel quiet and you’ll start raising the volumes on all drums and synths instead.

They are both 2 beasts in their own right so they will compete for your attention:)