M+ launch scenes on an external controller pad

bouineur
bouineur Member Posts: 12 Member

Hello,

I saw in a video that it was possible with an external controller hardware with pads to control the launch of scenes in maschine +.

I can't do this operation should I use the CONTOLLER EDITOR software?

Thank you for your help.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

No, you dont need Controller Editor.

You just need to enable MIDI Change in the MIDI Settings and your external controller needs to be able to send MIDI notes starting on C-2 (or Program Changes).

Some MIDI controllers rely on computer software drivers to be able to send certain notes and others store the mappings in it's firmware internally; for triggering Scenes/Sections to work you need the latter.

A cheap NanoPad2 for example works fine once create a mapping that matches what Maschine expects (C-2, C#-2, etc...) While a Native Instruments controller in MIDI Mode usually does rely on Controller Editor and thus would not work without a computer involved since M+ has no Controller Editor drivers in standalone mode.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited March 2023

Hello,

if you want to do that with only maschine+ (stand alone mode) you need class compliant midi controller and you connect it on the back of maschine+.

Which Audio & MIDI Devices Are Compatible with MASCHINE+ via USB? – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

No, you dont need Controller Editor.

You just need to enable MIDI Change in the MIDI Settings and your external controller needs to be able to send MIDI notes starting on C-2 (or Program Changes).

Some MIDI controllers rely on computer software drivers to be able to send certain notes and others store the mappings in it's firmware internally; for triggering Scenes/Sections to work you need the latter.

A cheap NanoPad2 for example works fine once create a mapping that matches what Maschine expects (C-2, C#-2, etc...) While a Native Instruments controller in MIDI Mode usually does rely on Controller Editor and thus would not work without a computer involved since M+ has no Controller Editor drivers in standalone mode.

• bouineur

thank you for your answers to both of you.

I have a pad 2 ring from Korg, and I tried the manipulation but in vain I can only control the notes of the instruments but I can not control the scenes also images that maybe to steer me on the wrong path that I took.

i hope my sentences are about right my english is not the most wonderful and my translator i hope helps me as it should

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023

You also need the korg editor and set notes on the pads starting from c-2 on, as @D-One said. Then disable the midi focus feature (first of your pics shows it), otherwise midi gets routed to the pads/instruments of maschine too.

• bouineur

great!

that's it, it works, the notes to choose from were simply C-1.

but the pad of the Korg are not light and I was thinking maby buy an F1 controller from Native Instruments.

I thought I understood above that you described to me how it could react but I may not have understood.

I could do the same with the Native Instrument controller and will the scene colors match? Thank you

• Uwe303

no the colours are only shown if you use maschine in control mode, but not via this trigger function, also not with maschine controllers in midi mode

• bouineur

but will it still be possible to choose the colors on the F1 in manual mode?

and will the pad still flash indicating that the scene is being read? (in F1)

• Uwe303

There is no feedback from maschine back to the trigger pads, this would then be open the option to have some led feedback - so no, i don't know a way to do that

• bouineur

thank you for taking the time to answer my questions !