The Maverick in Kontakt is crashing Pro Tools

sg_1
sg_1 Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi all,

I'm setting up a new computer and downloading my NI libraries.

My piano instrument, The Maverick operates perfectly in standalone mode with Kontakt 5 and 7. However, within Pro Tools, loading the Maverick within Kontakt causes PT to instantly shut down. I have another instrument within Kontakt which loads and operates without a problem within PT, but not The Maverick.

Any sugestions, ideas?

Specs:

Mac Studio M1

OS Ventura 13.1 64Gb RAM

PT 2020 11

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

How did you set up the computer? Did you migrate your old system to the new or installed from scratch?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Pro Tools and Kontakt: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

What version of Kontakt are you using in Pro Tools? I would not recommend using Kontakt 5 as it's been discontinued for quite a while and not officially supported on current systems.

• sg_1

Thanks for your reply.

I've installed from scratch. Downloaded Pt from Avid and all my NI stuff through native access.

I have checked Full Disk access and I'm using Kontakt 7. I've configured the outputs for Kontakt. Some instruments will load and operate as intended but not others. Loading those instruments cause Pro Tools to instantly shut down.

Other NI instruments, Reaktor6, Massive etc are working well but Battery4 has both worked fine and then twice crashed Pro Tools upon loading a drum kit.

Kontakt is still working well in standalone mode.

I'm at a loss.

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so what version of ProTools have you installed? You mentioned PT 2020 11, the latest one is 2022 12, there is also a beta version that has Apple Silicon support, just making sure you are not using this beta version.

You mention configuring the ouptuts for Kontakt. If you load The Maverick in a standard Kontakt with no multiple outputs set up, do you also get these crashes?

• sg_1

Yes, it crashes with standard outputs. Also, having downloaded more of my NI, it's not just The maverick that crashes. And yet some instruments, e.g. Scarbee Bass, dont have any problem in Kontakt. I don't know if it's the size of the samples per instrument, or what.

I have also tested this in Logic Pro - no problems at all. So I'm also seeking help from Avid. PT 2020 11 was my setup on the previous computer and was stable with NI. I was planning to continue with it while i could. This kontakt thing is the only issue that's popped up so far. I've raised a ticket with support now.

• Jeremy_NI

@sg_1 That would have been my next step, good you contacted our support with the result of the support tool on top. My colleagues should get back to you soon.

• Jeremy_NI

@sg_1 Checking your ticket that seems to be solved. The issue was a compatibility one, correct?