Kontakt Factory Library 2 (update to 1.1.0) breaks Beats samples not loading

TheWhat
TheWhat Member Posts: 2 Member

Kontakt Factory Library 2 (update to 1.1.0) breaks Beats samples not loading

MacOs Monterey 12.6.3

Updated the library this morning now the "Beats" section no longer works. It loads the instrument without an error message but no samples are loaded. I have the (not updated) Kontakt Factory Library 2 on a different ssd drive and the Beats work.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong? Please advise.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Elad @ NI
    Elad @ NI Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports, a fix is coming soon!

Best,

Elad

Answers

• Mauro S
    Mauro S Member Posts: 1 Member

I updated today as well (WIN11) - same problem so not just MAC issue

Thank you

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

Same on Win10

• Strazz83
    Strazz83 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm also having this issue with the 'Beats" library. I'm on a Mac M1 os 11.5.2 Big Sur.

Using Kontakt 7 Player

Just to be clear, all other sound banks in Kontakt factory library 2 are working perfectly. Only the Beats bank is receiving midi but there is no sound. I've re-installed the whole library and done the dummy checks - midi channel/output config/note range etc. Shutdown/restart...no dice.

What I've found to be different about the Beats library within the Kontakt 7 Factory Library is the following:

• There are no zones ???. There is a notice down the bottom left saying "script warning - Zone ID was not found". This is the only sound bank in the whole library that has this message. It does have the groups listed but not the zones.
    • Also, when opening the file path directory (Mac HD/users/shared/Kontakt Factory Library 2)..there is a folder called 'Library Data' which contains the Midi files folder for each Banks presets and also a "Settings" folder which oddly only contains a "Beats" folder with .NKA files. I'm not sure if this is of any significance but maybe others can check for the same things? If someone can please shed any light on this that'd be awesome!

• Elad @ NI
    Elad @ NI Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports, a fix is coming soon!

Best,

Elad

• TheWhat
    TheWhat Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you for the response.