Writing your own melodies/riffs with Electric Sunburst

Annatar1693
Annatar1693 Member Posts: 11 Member

I've just bought the Electric Sunburst VST package and I'm trying to write my own riffs which I've composed. However I'm really struggling. I input 16th notes in the piano roll and it doesn't play 16th notes, just the pre programmed pattern from the software. The same happens if I change to 8th notes, it plays the same pre programmed pattern from the software. I've watched a few tutorials and it doesn't make it any easier...Or maybe I'm just stupid. So I'm wondering...Is it actually possible to write your own original riffs, melodies, music using Electric Sunburst or can you only use the patterns and loops that come with the package? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Play, Record or Place the Keyswitches C1 & C#1 at the same time that you want to play a note that is either open or palm mute. They may need to be advanced in time (negative time) just before the expected note. [On my 'short' keyboard, everything is shifted up 2 octaves from this graphic]

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Electric Sunburst only plays patterns. Electric Sunburst Deluxe is what you need:

• Annatar1693

Ok great, thanks. So are you saying that with Electric Sunburst Deluxe I could basically programme in any riff or guitar parts that I've previously written? Got about 17 tracks that I've written on guitar pro and i've got some good drums and bass VST's so now just need to get some good guitar VST's so I can input the riffs I've previously written.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

I'm afraid I don't know that for sure, since I don't own Deluxe and never used Electric Sunburst, let alone Guitar Pro. All I know is that - based on available information - Deluxe comes with a second melodic instrument for playing your own melodies and patterns.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

I own Deluxe and I believe the difference is it includes a secondary Sunburst instrument designated as (Melody) which allows you to play individual strings rather than just chords.

• Annatar1693

But can you write your own music, riffs, lines rather than just copy and paste riffs and pre programmed patterns?

• DunedinDragon

Yes, you just play them on the keyboard is all..or place MIDI notes.

• Annatar1693

Cool, are you also able to edit notes like put down palm muting, bends/slides?

• DunedinDragon

Quite frankly I haven't messed with it that much. Normally if I'm doing a lead I'll do it direct with a guitar. But I don't remember a lot of stuff with articulations like palm muting or pinch dynamics.

• Annatar1693
    edited March 2023

Actually ignore my previous comment, got the deluxe up and running now and it's working great.

• Annatar1693

Able to input notes and chords

• Annatar1693

does anyone know how to add in palm muting for specific notes?

• Annatar1693

At the moment I've got notes palm muted but it's all of them. How do i select some notes to be palm muted, and the others to ring open?

• Brad Yost

You have to use the keyswitches for the specific articulations, and it only works in the "Melody" instrument.

• Annatar1693

I've tried doing that but unfortunately if i click muted it does it for all of them and if i click open it does it for all of them. I want to use a variety of palm mute and open. Is there any way to go from one to the other?

• Brad Yost
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Play, Record or Place the Keyswitches C1 & C#1 at the same time that you want to play a note that is either open or palm mute. They may need to be advanced in time (negative time) just before the expected note. [On my 'short' keyboard, everything is shifted up 2 octaves from this graphic]