How to integrate Komplete Kontrol in Ableton again

Ed M
Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor
edited February 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all,

I had my KK S49 got disconnected from my USB hub, and since then I also lost DAW control in Ableton. The keyboard is reconnected but I lost DAW control (stop, play, record,mute,..).

I followed the steps on the NI website to reconfigure this (copying 2 folders to Ableton's Midi remote scripts).

However, in Ableton I no longer have the "Komplete Kontrol DAW -1" option available, only these 2:

Any idea's how to fix this?

PS: I'm on a Mac

Extra: when loading the Komplete Kontrol plugin, the keyboard works. The integrated NI stuff like browsing, scales,... all function. Playing the keys on any non NI VST work, it's just the Ableton DAW controls that don't respond

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Ed M It seems that reinstalling Ableton fixed your issue, correct?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Yep, that’s because the daw integration is a service that runs on your systeM and appears that has stopped. Not sure how to check and force services to run on Mac, never needed to but you need to look into the NIHardwareMonitor service I believe

• Ed M

@JesterMgee thanks for answering. I'm not quite sure how to do what you suggest. I opened a support ticket, and hopefully I can get it helped that way.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Ed M It seems that reinstalling Ableton fixed your issue, correct?

• Ed M

@Jeremy_NI thanks for asking, yes it did. I did not reinstall however. There just happened to be an update for Ableton. I installed the update, and after that I just worked again, I did not have to do anything. I told your colleagues at support already they can close the ticket.