Native Access Password Prompt

PeterSchnell
PeterSchnell Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi Guys,

everytime I start NA 2.0, I have to type in my password. How can it be deactivated in Ventura (M1)?

Peter

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

I'm not a mac user myself but it could be something with mac's keychain. You have to repair it maybe. The second problem in this website could be yours https://help.queens.edu/hc/en-us/articles/205937040-How-to-Resolve-Mac-OS-X-Keychain-Problems

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,320 mod
    Answer ✓

@PeterSchnell This is a bug in Native Access for some users. Can you check that both Native Access and the NTKDaemon both have Full DIsk Access like for this other issue: Native Access Error Message: "Installation Failed" (Mac)

Does that fix the issue?

• Jeremy_NI

@PeterSchnell Did that work out? Are you still experiencing this issue?

• PeterSchnell
    PeterSchnell Member Posts: 2 Member

It works, that was exactly the problem. Thank you very much for your help!

• Midi Sordino
    Midi Sordino Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I'm also having this same issue on M1 Mac Studio (OS 13.3.1). NTKDaemon and Native Access have full disk access granted. Anyone have any ideas how to turn off the password prompt every time I launch Native Access (v3.4.0)?

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper

Hi everyone. I have Mac Studio M1, Ventura 13.4.1.

Everytime I start Native access I get password prompt. Full disk access is enabled for NTKDaumon and Native Access but it still occurs. See screenshot. Can anyone help.

• ewdavies
    ewdavies Member Posts: 3 Member

I too have the same problem (password prompt to "install dependencies" every time I launch Native Access 3.4.0) despite Native Access and NTKDaemon having full disk access. This is on an M2 Ultra Mac Studio running Ventura 13.4.1 (c). Any fix forthcoming? Thanks!

• Shore
    Shore Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey everyone!!

same here.....

cheers

Patt

• Jeremy_NI

You can get in touch with our support agents here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Midi Sordino

I had this issue on an M1 Mac Studio (OS 13.3.1). NTKDaemon and Native Access had permissions granted. I got a password prompt every time I launched Native Access (v3.4.0).

Just to update that I resolved this issue by granting full disk access to ALL NI products on the Customer Care link above.

I think I must not have granted full disk access to one or two instruments, e.g. Kontakt 7 or Reaktor 6, and that this was causing the problem. So make sure to grant access to ALL NI products on the list above. This may not be a bug but just an oversight on the part of some users who don't realise they haven't granted disk access to all required NI products.

Hope this helps others with this issue.

• Midi Sordino

I thought I had solved the issue but it's returned this morning. I've given disk access to a few more NI products I rarely use, besides NTK Daemon, Native Access and some others, and issue has gone again. But I'm expecting it to return. Will post back again if issue does miraculously resolve.

• Lukas Elektrik
    Lukas Elektrik Member Posts: 2 Member

For me the issue was solved, when I added NTKDaemon under the "Login Items". See the details in my comments on this other thread:

Hope this helps,

-Lukas Elektrik