Maschine on a different computer

Paulo Goncalves
Paulo Goncalves Member Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

A friend of mine has the maschine software installed at his place...

Can I work with my Mk3 Micro at his place, by installing Native access so I get all my Kits??

If I download Native Access at his computer and log in with my #nr I should be able to have access to my kits that I have at my own place...?

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Your kits won't automatically appear in your friend's library just by logging into Native Access with your Native ID sorry. You can however share projects by following the steps above or manually importing kits.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey Paulo, check out our dedicated article on How to Share Maschine Projects with Different Computers so you can collaborate with another Maschine user.

• Paulo Goncalves
    Paulo Goncalves Member Posts: 2 Member

Yes I read that...

I dont want to tranfer projects..

I want to be able to use my kits on his computer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Your kits won't automatically appear in your friend's library just by logging into Native Access with your Native ID sorry. You can however share projects by following the steps above or manually importing kits.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited August 2022

Olá. Assuming he also owns Maschine and NI stuff if you do that then he can't use anything he owns and you don't, so it would require constantly changing accounts and installing a bunch of stuff on his computer that he might not own and be able to use under his account.

Technically it's possible but requires installation what whatever it is you plan on using there, not just logging in, I'm guessing you want to use Expansions? I'd be cautious tho as I'm pretty sure sharing accounts is not allowed by any software's EULA.

• elsasmith23
    elsasmith23 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yes, You Can Work with Your MK3 Micro at Your Friend's Place

It is possible to work with your MK3 Micro at your friend's place by installing Native Access. This is a software application from Native Instruments that allows you to manage, install and update all your sounds, samples and effects. After downloading and installing the software, you can then log in with your account information and access all of your previously purchased and installed products. This includes all of your Kits, which will be available for use in your friend's studio.

To ensure that you have the most up-to-date version of your Kits, you can install them directly within the Native Access application. This will ensure that you have the latest version of each Kit and all of the accompanying content. You can also manage your installed products within Native Access, allowing you to easily organize and keep track of your products.

• sara0001
    sara0001 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

• tipidet
    tipidet Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

I'm trying to load Native Instruments Komplete II on my laptop, and it won't load. I don't know if I'm trying to load the original DVDs (so I can update) Komplete II onto a Snow Leopard system, but Service Center doesn't help. I found this on the NI FAQs: Do I need a second license in case I want to install my product on a second computer? The end user license agreement (EULA) of Native Instruments' products allows the simultaneous installation on two computers (three computers for all versions of Kore and KOMPLETE), as long as only one installation is used at any given time. It is not necessary to "deactivate" an existing installation to activate the product on a further machine, but due to the license agreement it is required to uninstall the product from the previously used computer "Uninstall" seems to be a bit more complex than "deactivating". Sounds like I'll have to buy another copy to put on my laptop, which I probably won't do. This seems a bit crazy, their copy protection is making it very difficult to use the product.

• NativeAmerican
    NativeAmerican Member Posts: 43 Member

I would suggest installing the sounds that you want to work with on a portable drive. You should be able to access them from another device running the software by signing in to that software application with your NI login. It should work like portable video games, where you just sign into your account on the device and it unlocks access to the sounds from your portable drive. I would suggest contacting customer support to confirm this process. You can only download your sounds to a couple devices so if you download them to your friend's computer, that would be counted as one of your devices.