Can I set custom Light Guide colors on MIDI only VSTs on S49 Keyboard

St3v3
St3v3 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm contemplating buying an S49. I wonder if I can set custom colors on certain keys when using a third party MIDI drum VST. For example I want to set Red Green Blue on 3 keys to represent 3 different VST drums. These would _not_ be in Komplete Kontrol but rather MIDI only.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

Lightguide is very limited and such a missed opportunity.

You cannot set ANY lightguide colouring for keys when using instruments in "NKS Mode" which means if you want to just save a preset with mappings to controls for quick recall, the keyboard cannot have colours set at all.

You can set a "Range" colour for the LG in MIDI mode, this is to highlight a range for a layer or MIDI channel, but it does not allow individual keys to be set, only I think a max of 8 ranges.

So if your hope is to basically colour each key according to the notes to play a drum kit, no you can't do that

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

Lightguide is very limited and such a missed opportunity.

You cannot set ANY lightguide colouring for keys when using instruments in "NKS Mode" which means if you want to just save a preset with mappings to controls for quick recall, the keyboard cannot have colours set at all.

You can set a "Range" colour for the LG in MIDI mode, this is to highlight a range for a layer or MIDI channel, but it does not allow individual keys to be set, only I think a max of 8 ranges.

So if your hope is to basically colour each key according to the notes to play a drum kit, no you can't do that

• St3v3
    St3v3 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the information and as you say a sad "missed opportunity".