Auto-sampling in maschine plus

jgraham12345
jgraham12345 Member Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Can the maschine plus auto-sample vsts or is it just external synths? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Respectfully, that wasn't the question Paule.

In Controller Mode (controlling a computer) you can auto-sample any VST.

In Standalone mode, it can only auto-sample external synths or any internal content that works in the M+, so the plugins from NI that do work on it can indeed be auto-sampled. Anything that doesn't cant.

I guess if you connect the M+ in standalone mode to a computer via MIDI+Audio you could auto-sample any VST running in a host too.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Sample Robot by Skylife an external can do auto sampling.

• D-One
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Respectfully, that wasn't the question Paule.

In Controller Mode (controlling a computer) you can auto-sample any VST.

In Standalone mode, it can only auto-sample external synths or any internal content that works in the M+, so the plugins from NI that do work on it can indeed be auto-sampled. Anything that doesn't cant.

I guess if you connect the M+ in standalone mode to a computer via MIDI+Audio you could auto-sample any VST running in a host too.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

It works perfectly, I tried to connect the M+ in midi to USB (with a small cheap interface found everywhere) and it works perfectly.

It also works with an iPad or other tablet connected via USB to the M+

• jgraham12345
    jgraham12345 Member Posts: 9 Member

Okay, thank you! I’ve got a M+ coming today. I thought it would be cool if I would auto sample my favorite piano from keyscape with the autruria melo-fi plug-in on it. It would be neat if I could auto sample my vsts with plugins on them to be able to take those sounds with me even when I’m not connected to my laptop. I just didn’t know if it was possible to auto sample a vst and also if it would auto sample the plug-in effects being put on the vst. It would be awesome if it could. I’ll have to play around with it when it comes today

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

If your M+ arrives with firmware 1.4.3 or lower, don't install 1.4.4, but wait for the next one ;)

• thijsschade
    thijsschade Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2023

I have tried the auto sampler and I think I need some pointers in the right direction....

I am able to use the auto sampler and sample the VST's that I want, but once on the Maschine+, theY are located under Sounds, I would like to have them under Instruments, since it are instruments...

I also need to reshape the samples quite a bit before they are usable (attack, sustain release and what not). Can I already 'bake' them in the sampled instrument before transfering the files to Maschine+?

• D-One
    edited March 2023

@thijsschade said:

I am able to use the auto sampler and sample the VST's that I want, but once on the Maschine+, theY are located under Sounds, I would like to have them under Instruments, since it are instruments...

This is Maschine-specific terminology, it's not necessarily literal, just a way to differentiate some things. Sounds can be instruments but can also be other things.

You can force it to show under Instruments on the computer version of Maschine, by saving the Sampler patch instead of the whole Pad/Sound, this is done by simply right-clicking the Sampler and selecting Save-As you can then move it to the M+ SD card, unfortunately, you can't do this in the M+ in standalone mode afaik.

• A "Sound" is a Pad's full chain, whatever it might contain, this includes insert-fx after the Sampler/Audio-Plug or whatever else is there. (can be quite useful for auto-sampled instruments)
    • An Instrument is just the plugin and nothing else, usually: Kontakt, Reaktor, and possibly NKS patches from 3rd party vendors but can also be a Sampler in the case of user content.

You can also look at it as: Sounds=light stuff; Instruments=heavier stuff in terms of recourse usage (like Ram/CPU).

@thijsschade said:

I also need to reshape the samples quite a bit before they are usable (attack, sustain release and what not). Can I already 'bake' them in the sampled instrument before transfering the files to Maschine+?

Of course, just set those settings before you run the auto-sampler inside whatever you're sampling. Or just set the settings after auto-sampling and re-save the patch; this last approach is much more advisable as it's non-destructive.

• thijsschade
    thijsschade Member Posts: 8 Member

Thanks! much is clarified