Studio Drummer Decay Automation

tazcom
tazcom Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Is it anyhow possible to automate the decay for example of hihats on Kontakt within ableton? I tried over the [configure] button of the kontakt ableton device, which u normally use and then click or change the parameter, but it doesnt snap and make the automation. Can someone help me out?

Furthermore: How do you change volume of all the cymbals? For example the CRASH 2. I cant find it in the Mixer Section of Kontakt.

thanks so much

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Only thing you can automate is the mixer. If you're able to get in 'edit mode' there are ways, but it's complex.

The point of Studio Drummer or Abbey Road is to emulate real drums, even though you can apply the Hold and Decay to each drum in the kit page.

The cymbals volumes are controlled by the OH and Room mics applied in the kit page. So you have to build your mix taking those into consideration at all times.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Only thing you can automate is the mixer. If you're able to get in 'edit mode' there are ways, but it's complex.

The point of Studio Drummer or Abbey Road is to emulate real drums, even though you can apply the Hold and Decay to each drum in the kit page.

The cymbals volumes are controlled by the OH and Room mics applied in the kit page. So you have to build your mix taking those into consideration at all times.

• tazcom

Isnt that a big limitation for no reason? would be so cool to automate decays and those kind of things.. idk why they didnt make it possible.

• Gee_Flat

Not for me it isn't

• tazcom

Very helpful :D

• Gee_Flat

Just sayin' ... for me, the ARDrums do exactly what I want them to do.

I could pull up the factory Rock Kit and do crazy stuff in performance views or in 'Edit Mode' where I could do insane stuff.

You could always route the Studio Drummer hats to a channel in your DAW and apply filters and effects that way.

• tazcom

true thats a nice workaround tho! still very sad that this simple midi mapping isnt working for decay and other parameters. btw my native access seems kinda bugged. i try to load the updates but its just kinda stuck at "queued" and "calculating time remaining" u had this before?

• Gee_Flat

I still use NA 1.14 with W10 and it always seems to work.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited March 2023

That was a decision at product design level, I would assume. Technically it is possible to do this, the script would have to be updated though.