S49 Stiff Keys

Chregg
Chregg Member Posts: 28 Newcomer

Hi, new to the forum here, just got a S49 from Germany, the white keys are all stiff, wondering why that is, hope its not faulty, paid £570 plus a £130 shipping fee, last thing i need is to send it back

Regards Chris

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Guess you have to contact support direct, tho it isn't something simple like the protective foam strip still left under the keys from shipping?

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Now that would have been embarrassing if you had of sent that one back :)

Answers

• JesterMgee

Likely, that is how they are and you are perhaps not use to this style of keybed.

That is one hell of a shipping fee.

• Chregg

its a defective product, white keys are un playable, its not that they are stiff, more than that, and for the record i have plenty of experience with keyboards

• JesterMgee
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Guess you have to contact support direct, tho it isn't something simple like the protective foam strip still left under the keys from shipping?

• Chregg
    edited February 2023

thank you, you the man, never even noticed it lol

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Now that would have been embarrassing if you had of sent that one back :)

• Chregg

thanks to you Jester, that won't be the case. I'm in love with the s49 already, got a bit of homework to do with it, but ill get there

• Chregg

Jester do you have a you tube channel, with s49 content, tutorials? If so can i get a link please, if not, can you point me in the right direction, want to access all my synth parameters {osc,filters, env, lfo} to tweek, thats why i bought it, take me away from mouse and monitor

• Chregg
    edited March 2023

im finding it hard to figure out how to bring up the main view of massive and the different views of fm8 and its parameters, and how initialise presets on them and massive x

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

That's why they made Komplete Kontrol software. The big screen will make it all worth while, but you won't really need the mouse. Maybe once you get acclimated you'll be more efficient without them, but once you use the software you'll probably enjoy the experience.

• Chregg

yeah but how do i change the gui of massive to main view of massive and all its parameters, same with fm8, and how do i initialise preset of massive x, thanks in advance

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

You could learn... problem with this video is that he's using all mouse and not showing how all the parameters of the synths will appear above the loaded instrument. All the dials in KK software mirror the dials on the keyboard.

• Chregg
    edited March 2023

watched this earlier, doesn't show me what im looking for, every video i see of massive loaded intoi komplete kontrol, its the same gui setting, macros and env, not the main synth view, same with fm8

• Gee_Flat

After loading the synth you should be able to click on the plugin button ( beside the the three 1/4 notes) and it will have all the pages. I don't own Massive so I can't confirm that.

• Chregg

tried all that, only the knobs of the mapped parameters show, no option to change view, frustrating this

• Gee_Flat

Ahhh... not sure how standalone synths work in KK, but check to see if View can be changed to 'Edit View'.

Matt is using it in KK here.... beyond that, he should reply to this.