M1 Update status of Fm8 & Super8

Comments

• UWS
    UWS Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

FYI FM8 for Apple Silicon is available today via Native Access

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 32 Helper

Hi while you’re updating FM8 please make the UI bigger it’s too difficult to read on modern macs.

• db3
    db3 Member Posts: 2 Member

Very disappointed to hear Super 8 is not being developed further as a VST and that other Reaktor instruments are not getting the VST treatment. NI going even more backwards.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,114 Expert

If the VSTs are - based on Super 8's sales figures - expected to not sell well, then there's very little reason for NI to invest time and money into what will likely be a failure sales-wise. From an economical point of view, this decision makes total sense.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

tbh I don’t think Super 8 VST3 was intended to be the start of Reaktor based plugins so much as the start of testing the VST3 waters for NI

• djapnrcpro
    djapnrcpro Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2023

@Jeremy_NI I figured out how to post on the public forum the correct way and not on your wall or a direct message. I hope tagging isn't off limits or incorrect again.

Thank you for your detailed explanation here. I read that before I accidentally posted on your wall.

As I said to you I have been testing the Reaktor 6 Beta. It works well now with KK and Mashine. I reached out about a license for the Reaktor version because I only have the standalone.

It's not a huge deal to me but would like it to work eventually.

Will it still be accessible via the NKS presets? Will the people who have it installed have it automatically migrated or will it have to be deleted then access it via the drop down menu in Reaktor Browser?

I'm assuming the latter.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@djapnrcpro That's perfect!

So, I've added a Super 8 1 license on your account so it should be available to you now in Native Access. Please download and install it.

Regarding the NKS presets, it took me a little trial and error but this is how I made it work. If the standalone Super 8 and the Reaktor Super 8 are both installed, the NKS presets shown in Komplete Kontrol will be the ones for the standalone Super 8, they have priority.

To show the NKS presets for the Reaktor 6 Super 8 you need to uninstall the standalone version of Super 8 following these steps: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

You can do it shorter by just deleting these files:

• Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST3 > Super 8.vst3
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.Super 8 R2.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.Super 8 R2.plist

Then open Komplete Kontrol, it should quickly rescan. Now when selecting a preset from Super 8 it should open the Reaktor 6 ensemble.

If you have older projects with the standalone Super 8 you can keep both but then, yes, the Reaktor one will only be available from the drop down menu, load Reaktor 6 then choose Super 8.

I hope that helps.

• ajgx1
    ajgx1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi - I only have Super8 standalone (v2.1) vst - can I get access to the Reaktor Version so I can open it in Komplete Kontrol on M1 Apple Silicon? thanks

• Jeremy_NI

@ajgx1 I've added the licence on your account (it's a NFR = Not For Resale).

• ajgx1
    ajgx1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you very much that has worked on my Mac M1. I confirm your instructions above worked too. I had to delete the Super8 r2 standalone vst and plist files to get the Komplete Kontrol browser to display the correct one and allow me to instantiate the Reaktor version when selecting it from the Komplete Kontrol menu. Many thanks

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 92 Advisor

@Jeremy_NI how can I request a Super 8 license? I have the VST, but it's no longer supported. I've got the Reaktor 6.5.0 update, but no Super 8 available there. Please assist

• Jeremy_NI

@Rico010 I just added the licence on your account!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    edited April 2023

Adding licenses one by one to users accounts doesn’t seem a definitive solution. Could we have something working for all users?