Massive X not working in Maschine.

FEZpig
FEZpig Member Posts: 3 Member

I've installed massive X and it's gone to the correct plug in path, same as all my other plugins, but when i select it on maschine there is no sound and you can't open up the plug in window. It's like there's no plugin selected but it still says massive x. Then when I try to remove it maschine just crashes. Massive X works in logic fine but for some reason not in maschine. This is also happening with reaktor as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    Answer ✓

I guess you are on Apple Silicon

Either run Maschine using Rosetta or use the au versions for now (but then you can’t use their NKS presets until Apple Silicon native versions are released- which should be pretty soon for Massive X at least)

Answers

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

I guess you are on Apple Silicon

Either run Maschine using Rosetta or use the au versions for now (but then you can’t use their NKS presets until Apple Silicon native versions are released- which should be pretty soon for Massive X at least)

• tymes2
    tymes2 Member Posts: 24 Member

Hi all! It doesn't work for me - using Rosetta for Maschine 2 on an M2 Pro processor crashes Maschine 2 on startup, when reopening M2 I get the following:

I'd rather think that since the transition to Apple Silicon enough time has passed to ensure compatibility. I'm not trying to be a PITA, but it's quite annoying to not being able to use my expensive Komplete Ultimate. Any news as to when updates are available? Thanks for your time!

• Kymeia
    edited February 2023

It has - use the VST3 for Massive X and Reaktor is in beta

• tymes2

Um... can you direct me to how I would go about using the VST3 for Massive X? If I browse for instruments in Maschine 2, there's no option to select VST3 or VST2. If I select Massive X from the library as an instrument to load, I get the error posted above. It says: We encountered an error auto-migrating the following VST2 plug-ins to a compatible VST3. That - in my understanding - means there is NO VST3 for MX.

• Kymeia
    edited February 2023

Well there definitely is a VST3 version with full Apple Silicon support - maybe there was some error in the installation for you so I'd ask technical support but NI released this some months ago now. Try a full reinstall from Native Access and check your plugin paths in Maschine.

• tymes2

Thanks for your reply... After a tedious reinstall of almost 500GB of data, my version of Massive X is at 1.4.2 just like yours. However, it still doesn't validate in Logic and isn't available there. Have currently no way to test it in Maschine, will report back. Have a nice day!

• Kymeia

It should validate in Logic - does for me on M1 Max. Try an individual reval in the plugin manager - sometimes I find auscan fails when it has several to do at once but they pass when done individually

• tymes2

FWIW, I'm on an M2Pro processor on an MBP 2023.

• Kymeia

Same architecture though - should load, maybe you have an older version in au cache?

• tymes2

Is that possible after ReInstalling everything via Native Access?

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Possibly - it is a good idea to reboot straight after installing an au plugin

Try deleting the .component and doing a clean fresh install followed by a reboot

• tymes2

Interestingly, I can't seem to find a Massive X component, not even a standalone .app on my MacBook. There are folders named Massive X, but no app inside.

• tymes2

BTW, in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components there's NOTHING. 😐 I'm on the latest Ventura OS since this is a new MBP. Quite frustrating after 2 years of M1 architecture. Thanks anyway for responding!