Issues with Pioneer Interface 2 and Traktor 3

Options
Leif Oines
Leif Oines Member Posts: 2 Member

I am trying to setup vinyl DVS using Traktor 3 and the Pioneer Interface 2. I followed the instructions here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000509157

I am on Mac Mojave. I am running my turntables into the inputs on the Pioneer (which is set to take a phono signal) and running the outputs of the pioneer to the line inputs on the mixer. I have also installed the pioneer interface drivers from their website. I am using Traktor timecode vinyl, NOT the pioneer control vinyl.

Within Traktor I am able to detect and select the pioneer sound card, and assign the inputs and outputs in the settings as per the article. Traktor seems to detect the time code signal, and it seems like i can **control the waveform** with the vinyl, **but i only hear the high-pitched the time code signal itself coming through the mixer, NOT the audio from the track**. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Leif Oines
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured out what the problem was. For anyone else that finds this: you actually have to install the rekordbox software, not just the interface drivers. Then, within rekordbox, head to the audio settings and open the audio manager. This lets you change the interface from “thru” mode to “usb” which is what you need for it to work with Traktor.

Answers

• Leif Oines
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured out what the problem was. For anyone else that finds this: you actually have to install the rekordbox software, not just the interface drivers. Then, within rekordbox, head to the audio settings and open the audio manager. This lets you change the interface from “thru” mode to “usb” which is what you need for it to work with Traktor.

• Mattsynchro
    Mattsynchro Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi mate, tried the exact same steps as on the hyperlink you attached and the traktor dvs signal on the scope/platter just says waiting. I did the extra step you said and it was already on usb in RB audio settings. Csn you explain a bit more about how exactly you set this up in traktor settings and where the phonos are going into feom the interface 2 - line/phono etc. Thanks mate

• Makintosh
    Makintosh Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Can you use the pioneer interface 2 with a native instruments x1 in traktor pro?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,367 Expert
    Options

In general you can say that Traktor does not care much about the interface. As long as it gets an audio signal and can send one. If the device works on your computer, it should also work in Traktor.

Same with Reloop Flux. That should be plug and play on mac.

And if you use an x1 or not does not matter. That is just a controller, like a keyboard.