How to solve "exclamation point" (missing instrument?) in Komplete Kontrol.

ThankYouEveryone
ThankYouEveryone Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello!

I use Ableton and had several tracks with NI instruments loaded through Komplete Kontrol. When I got a new computer, my Ableton sessions with NI tracks still show Komplete, but the actual instrument on them is missing (see screenshot - I assume that's what the "!" means).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj1mbhfp7y41fwm/Screen%20Shot%202022-02-13%20at%208.29.39%20AM.png?dl=0

I *think* I've re-downloaded the instruments that I used on these tracks through Native Access (i.e. I can load them into Ableton on new tracks), but Ableton/KK seemingly doesn't know what to load on my pre-existing tracks.

Happy to provide more context. Thank you for the help!

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just FYI, on this forum (unlike Ableton) you can just paste images into your posts.

Yeah it's a missing instrument and Ableton Live will not know what it is because it's within a container. This is an issue I raised YEARS ago and made a FR that a missing instrument should really display the name of the plugin (since it would be known) so the user knows what is missing.

I try and add a text note to a track with the name of the plugin on the track or what is loaded into KK for this reason, but KK should really be way more intuitive in this regard.

Nothing you can do from what I know but try really hard to think what plugin could be missing, also consider it could be any non-NI plugin you may have loaded in there.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just FYI, on this forum (unlike Ableton) you can just paste images into your posts.

Yeah it's a missing instrument and Ableton Live will not know what it is because it's within a container. This is an issue I raised YEARS ago and made a FR that a missing instrument should really display the name of the plugin (since it would be known) so the user knows what is missing.

I try and add a text note to a track with the name of the plugin on the track or what is loaded into KK for this reason, but KK should really be way more intuitive in this regard.

Nothing you can do from what I know but try really hard to think what plugin could be missing, also consider it could be any non-NI plugin you may have loaded in there.

• ThankYouEveryone
    ThankYouEveryone Member Posts: 5 Member

Hey @JesterMgee !

Thanks for the tip on images, and also for the reply to my post. I'll put on my thinking cap and try to remember what's missing...

That's a great feature request, and I hope they consider implementing it!