What to do and where to put bom & plist files?

Options
Arcady
Arcady Member Posts: 3 Member

Hey all,

I just re-installed my komplete 14 suite and just noticed this: My libraries are installed in a "Native instruments" folder that i created myself on an external ssd.

I now realize that the installation did create a new "Library / Receipts" folder, beside my "Native Instruments" folder. This folder is full of .bom and .plist files. No clue what this is but i guess this somehow lists the presets for each library or something.

Yet I do not know:

1) if I should keep this folder and these files?

2) if yes, is it normal that they are located outside of my "Native Instruments" folder, where i did store all my libraries ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

A.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

To answer quickly: Yes, you should keep this folder and files and yes it's normal for the folder to be placed where it is placed.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

To answer quickly: Yes, you should keep this folder and files and yes it's normal for the folder to be placed where it is placed.

• Wapadomo
    Wapadomo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I have a similar problem but it these files are not located where I specified the content to go.

I have a lot of libraries from NI, Steinberg, and EastWest. On my external drive, I created a folder called ProAudio. It that folder I created folders for NI, Steinberg, and EastWest. In the NI folder I created a folder called Library. This is the path I chose to reinstall my Kontakt instruments.

Most of the content did go to that path. But, at the top level of my external drive was this library folder with the BOM and PLIST files in it.

How do I move that to this path -> /external-volume/ProAudio/NI/Library?

Did it just punt because I used the name "Library" it wanted to use? I can change it to content.

• Wapadomo
    Wapadomo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Native Access for Apple Silicon (dark) does not seem to have an install button for instruments I want to remove.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Wapadomo By default, when you setup installation paths for NI content it creates a Library folder on the location you selected in Native Access. There is no uninstall funtion at the moment in Native Access but you can follow thse steps: Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer