Massive x Plug ins stopped working in maschine 2

look007
look007 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi I have previously used massive x plug ins but now when i brows the sounds the sound plays put when i load it and press the keys nothing happens. this is only with massive x, massive still works. does anyone know the fix for this?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Are you on M1 Mac?

if so run Maschine in Rosetta mode

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Are you on M1 Mac?

if so run Maschine in Rosetta mode

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

@look007 Does Massive X work in other programs ? In Komplete Kontrol ?

• soletan
    soletan Member Posts: 2 Member

That's a bold move, NI! Last week everything was working fine on my Mac M1. But after upgrading all offered (!!) updates in NI Access most instruments fail to load with reference to either Massive X or Reactor having issues with natively supporting Silicon. Probably, this wouldn't be quite as significant if Reactor for example wouldn't be the backbone of a majority of instruments included with Komplete.

While requiring native Silicon support might be eligible and even if you intend to force users to pay another upgrade to get latest applications running on Silicon natively this way, breaking a running system and then forward customers to some support page to read about is definitely unacceptable. How do I downgrade your software? Why hasn't been NI Access been prevented from offering those updates in the first place?

Referring to Rosetta isn't helpful in this case either as everything was running on Rosetta before and now it is my job to fix the system for the custom-built updater wasn't capable of considering that?

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Massive X native is coming pretty soon, Reaktor will be last probably but it’s a complicated one as it’s their oldest plugin so probably has lots of technical dept, it has really outdated graphical support, plus a huge user library and third party ecosystem to ensure still works.

The way I see it is this, last week to run Massive X, Reaktor and Komplete Kontrol/Maschine in my M1 Max I needed them all in Rosetta mode, now I need 2 less, but being hosts I can still go back to Rosetta mode when I need it for backwards compatibility with MPX and Reaktor and many third party plugins, while also now having forwards compatibility with a ton more plugins that are native and VST3 only on Mac that I couldn’t run before. Nothing is ‘broken’, all those plugins still load but now you have a choice about which mode to run NI hosts in (for a while) when before we had no options.

• tymes2
    tymes2 Member Posts: 24 Member

Nothing is broken??? What about this:

Even running in Rosetta Mode (the screenshot was taken -> while in Rosetta Mode!!) doesn't fix this on an M2Pro CPU.

• Jeremy_NI

@tymes2 Is this happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? In Maschine in standalone? In your DAW? What DAW are you using?

First of all, Reaktor 6 does not have native Apple Silicon support, this means it will not work if not in Rosetta mode (your DAW or the Komplete Kontrol standalone application). There is a beta version that brings that compatibility, feel free to join the beta here: Reaktor 6.5.0: Beta phase has started

Now, for Massive X, do you have the latest versions of Massive X installed (1.4.2) ? The latest version has Native Apple Silicon Support as you can see in the release notes:

Do your DAW, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine and Reaktor have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

This error message comes when opening old projects, but are you able to load Massive X in your DAW in a new project when in ARM mode ? When in Rosetta mode? Are you able to load Reaktor 6 in a new project when in Rosetta mode?

• tymes2

Logic Pro (as it's called now) is at latest version 10.7.7 and has full disk access, as has Maschine 2, Komplete Kontrolle and Reaktor. I just had Komplete Control crashing on launch (in Rosetta) while scanning the VSTs. After that, it started as usual. Trying to load Massive X in KK prompted the message Massive X could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration. Please contact the plug-in manufacturer for more information. Note: although Massive X appears as installed in NA, as I did a complete reinstall yesterday, I cannot find a Massive X App on my HD. Searching for M X brought up three folders, one named massive X (small M) - not a single folder had a Massive X app as a standalone. M X doesn't show up in Logic either (Logic with Rosetta!). BTW, Just tried to load Reaktor in KK (the browser doesn't state what version of Reaktor is opened by a preset 😐) and got the prompt "Plug-in/preset could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration. For more information please visit: hitps://support.native-instruments.com". As m mentioned, KK in Rosetta. Thanks for your time!

• tymes2

This is the report from Logic's validating tool: Audio Unit Massive X by Native Instruments: AU Validation Tool Version: 1.10.0 Copyright 2003-2019, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.Specify -h (-help) for command options VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'NiSH' - '-NI-' Manufacturer String: Native Instruments AudioUnit Name: Massive X Component Version: 1.4.2 (0x10402) * * PASS TESTING OPEN TIMES: COLD: FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: 4097,0x1001 validation result: launch failed

• tymes2

Oh, and one last thing ;) - the installation path given by Native Access /Applications/Native Instruments/Massive X leads to a folder that contains only a folder called Documentation which itself contains another folder with EULAs. Puzzled, me is.

• tymes2

Trying to load M X in Machine 2 (using Mk3 hardware) resulted in a crash. I have saved the crash report, let me know if you want it.

• Jeremy_NI

Massive X doesn't have a standalone application, it's only available as a plug-in.

I tested again on my M1 laptop. Massive X loads fine in both Rosetta and ARM native mode. Not sure why it crashes or why it gives you these error messages. Let's focus on Massive X at first.

Delete these folders:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Massive X

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Now reinstall the Massive X Factory Library in Native Access. (Also give Full DIsk Access to Native Access while we're at it).

Open Komplete Kontrol in standalone in Rosetta mode. Let the plug-in scan go its way. When it's done, try to load a Massive X preset from the left browser, also try to load a preset from the right menu:

If that works out, now close Komplete Kontrol and open it in ARM native mode. It should rescan the plug-ins again. Try to load a preset from the browser and from the menu.

If everything is workin there, try to load Logic in Rosetta mode, check Massive X as a plug-in, Massive X in a Komplete Kontrol plug-in, then close and open in ARM mode.

Now for Reaktor 6, you can delete this folder:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Reaktor 6

Reinstall the Reaktor Factory Library in Native Access.

Open Komplete Kontrol in Rosetta mode and check if you can load from the right browser and the left menu.

• tymes2

Wow, what a comprehensive response. Did exactly as written, deleted folders, restarted and launched Native Access (NA). Massive X still shows up as "installed". I'll try a reinstall anyway, as I'm running out of choices. Will report back. Thanks for now!

• tymes2

So I did a reinstall via NA. In Maschine 2, it shows up as an instrument, allows browsing and loading just fine. Launched Logic, found a failed validation - so M X was at least seen - and chose to reset the whole plugin validation thing. Restarted Logic and voila - Massive X. Loads and plays. Happy camper here - thanks a lot, Jeremy!!!👍 Cheers!

• tymes2

Now I tried Reaktor, KK in ARM Mode crashed the Scan App, in Rosetta it crashed again. Crash Report says RAUM was the culprit. After that, KK launched and Reaktor was available, allowing me to load presets. Also I had R6 available in Logic (w. Rosetta), loading presets and all worked. Again, thanks Jeremy for your support! Also, thanks Kymeia for taking the time to respond!

• Jeremy_NI

@tymes2 Ah great to hear it works now. NO more crashes then, all is working, even Raum?