S88 Mk2 no longer showing up in MacOS

dbtothasampz
dbtothasampz Member Posts: 3 Member

My S88 Mk2 stopped showing up today on my Mac Studio (MacOS 12.6). It is connected via USB (in a hub with other USB ports, but I have checked it by plugging in directly).

No midi input in Cubase, "Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2" is greyed out in Mac Audio/Midi setup, lights on the keyboard are not the usual color (pink).

I plugged the Mk2 into my old mac and the keys lit pink straight away, so the keyboard/cable appear to be working.

Nothing has changed or updated on the Mac since I last used the keyboard two days ago.

I followed the troubleshooting tips here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410096148113#troubleshootingdriver to no avail. the device doesn't show up in the USB hardware list in system information.

I reinstalled the Komplete Kontrol and Controller Edit apps from Native Access, rebooted both the computer and keyboard several times.

Not sure what else to try. While silicon macs may not be supported, it was working fine for like a year and then suddenly wasn't.

Best Answer

• dbtothasampz
    Answer ✓

This turned out to be a bad USB hub (though the keyboard was tested plugged in directly with no luck). I replaced the hub and (so far) things are working again.

To answer your questions though, in case someone else runs into this issue, Komplete Kontrol did not recognize the keyboard. Basically nothing recognized it, not even the system info devices view. The bad hub must have done something funky with the ports universally, that's the only thing I can think of.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@dbtothasampz What happens when you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone? Is everything functional? Is the keyboard recognised?

Do Komplete Kontrol and Cubase both have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• dbtothasampz
    Answer ✓

This turned out to be a bad USB hub (though the keyboard was tested plugged in directly with no luck). I replaced the hub and (so far) things are working again.

To answer your questions though, in case someone else runs into this issue, Komplete Kontrol did not recognize the keyboard. Basically nothing recognized it, not even the system info devices view. The bad hub must have done something funky with the ports universally, that's the only thing I can think of.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@dbtothasampz Thanks for the update! Glad that everything is functional now!